Life’s been kickin my...

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
Hey Jan...you are still looking for your first tort? What'cha waiting for? Can I help? I gotta RF that maybe you could have, also have a Sulcata...
I have just done MY last trip moving. Hubby has 2 trips left if I don't kill him first. Just kiddin' hubby..... are you tryin' to hand off your latest RF rescue to me? Or did it get loose on ya?

Yes. I finally feel free to adopt a tort. I proudly did my first box turtle rescue yesterday. He was trying to ram his way thru a 7' solid fence on our driveway. I put him in our front yard by some bushes & 5 minutes later he was gone. I'm so proud!!

Attachments

• 20210519_120703.jpg
    20210519_120703.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Are you freakin saying my tortoise is not a great example of Sulcata????????!
I didn't move the cement blocks from my yard or all the used tires my father-in-law hoarded in Cheyenne, Maggie. Mary Knobbins could work up a good head of steam & never be seen again here. But she'd be loved here, just like that rescue RF if it hasn't escaped yet.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I didn't move the cement blocks from my yard or all the used tires my father-in-law hoarded in Cheyenne, Maggie. Mary Knobbins could work up a good head of steam & never be seen again here. But she'd be loved here, just like that rescue RF if it hasn't escaped yet.
He even escaped the tort table. The RF is 7"scl, and the side of the tort table is 10" so it climbed up a straight plywood tort table wall and dropped down 2.5' into the pen of a bigger tortoise and he beat the crap outa Red, (I'm gonna call him Red), supposedly he's a she and 5 years old named Jupiter. I think Red is more of an adolescent than a full grown RF and a male. So anyway, Red was traumatized eyes closed and he was evidently forced sideways into a corner, with a bigger 20 yr old male tortoise on top Red's eyes were closed and he was cold as hell.So I soaked him then added wood ...I gotta go now but I'll send a photo in a bit...

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK