Let's congratulate all our winners! (orders not received)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have made calendars before as part of my photography business and I may possibly be interested in helping out come fall. I could automate the whole process through either my photography website or my Etsy page so that you pay, enter your info, I print a mailing label, slap it on a calendar and out the door it goes.

Thank you for offering. We'll keep you in mind.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
I have made calendars before as part of my photography business and I may possibly be interested in helping out come fall. I could automate the whole process through either my photography website or my Etsy page so that you pay, enter your info, I print a mailing label, slap it on a calendar and out the door it goes.

Sounds good. I would be supportive of that.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Really hoping you all get your calendars now.
It's a super product and i'm sure you'll all be very happy when it arrives.
Trouble is, for me, is that it's going to be August all year.
I'm looking forward to getting my calendars. It'll be cute to see my little Rowan in there.

HBLocal

I think all of us members who's pictures made it into the 2016 calendar but STILL haven't received our calendars should get their pictures automatically included in the 2017 calendar.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
I think all of us members who's pictures made it into the 2016 calendar but STILL haven't received our calendars should get their pictures automatically included in the 2017 calendar.

There are only 12 months in a year.

HBLocal

:D
R post: 1296597 said:
There are only 12 months in a year.
Yes. And those handful of pictues should grace the same month in 2017 that they did in 2016 that their owners didn't see since they didnt receive their calendar orders.

of course Im not being serious. It is only a calendar

M

Maggie Cummings

I personally think if we are going to continue to do the calendars, someone else should do them.
When Bob won, Josh didn't want him as a winner, so it took almost 3 months for him to say he won. Then they put the winner on NOVEMBER. Winner, in November???? So how did anyone tell that Bob was the winner? That calendar contest left a very bad taste in my mouth. And now he's dead, I know Josh
is pleased about that, but I will continue to post pictures of him, and write about him. He maybe gone but I'll make sure he's not forgotten just because I can.
It's an f'ing crime that so many have not gotten their calendars yet. I am sorry for them and that this contest is run so badly.

But ya'll better get ready, because this year, if Josh gets the thing straightened around and someone organized can run the damn thing, I will enter a picture of Bob. And you know how pretty he is....was.....

M

Maggie Cummings

If his life is so busy he can't even get to the problem for days, means he hasn't done anything about it. Why not fix it tonight? Why wait more days, been what 4 months now???? I'd try LaDukePhoto. She certainly couldn't do any worse than is being done now. (Sorry Lacey) And she could do a lot better. That's her business. And I believe in a case like this a small business would be better and have the time to do it right and get them out. I don't even have a dog in this fight, but the whole situation and lack of doing something about it is unconscionable to me. I'm sorry for those of you that haven't received yours yet. That's just plain wrong.
And the fact that I have one calendar in my kitchen that is always on November, is just wrong too, thanks ever so Josh.

HBLocal

Im a newby and my submission of Toku was my 1st and so obviously I was ecstatic about him getting voted in. Not receiving my calendars after 4 months has left a sour taste in my mouth too. I'll just make my own calendar next year. The Tortoise Forum won't know what they're missing. :D:tort::cool:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I've taken some time this morning to look at the feasibility of providing calendars through my vendors and procured some pricing estimates. Does anyone know about how many calendars usually sell? My different printers have differing price breaks depending on quantity.

Also does anyone have a breakdown of how many calendars ship outside of the US?

Also about how much more would a person be willing to pay for an 18 month calendar, or do you prefer the 12 month format?

*Please Note* I have not been approached about or taken on the project of calendar creation for TFO. I am merely checking options based on the fact that I am very grateful for this forum and I feel terribly for everyone who has been let down by the current process.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
I personally think if we are going to continue to do the calendars, someone else should do them.
When Bob won, Josh didn't want him as a winner, so it took almost 3 months for him to say he won. Then they put the winner on NOVEMBER. Winner, in November???? So how did anyone tell that Bob was the winner? That calendar contest left a very bad taste in my mouth. And now he's dead, I know Josh
is pleased about that, but I will continue to post pictures of him, and write about him. He maybe gone but I'll make sure he's not forgotten just because I can.
It's an f'ing crime that so many have not gotten their calendars yet. I am sorry for them and that this contest is run so badly.

But ya'll better get ready, because this year, if Josh gets the thing straightened around and someone organized can run the damn thing, I will enter a picture of Bob. And you know how pretty he is....was.....
Bob was a handsome boy. I always enjoyed seeing his pictures and am glad you've got him in your profile pic. That was a great picture.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
:D
Yes. And those handful of pictues should grace the same month in 2017 that they did in 2016 that their owners didn't see since they didnt receive their calendar orders.

of course Im not being serious. It is only a calendar

It is only a calendar. Yes, we have expectations and life gets in the way and expectations aren't always met. Let's not be too hard on Josh. Who knows what is happening in his life. Some are very happy with their calendars and the rest of us have figured out how to survive without ours. It really isn't a life altering ordeal. OK, I might throw in a sarcastic remark and hope Josh takes it in stride. Hurtfulness would never be intended.

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
I've taken some time this morning to look at the feasibility of providing calendars through my vendors and procured some pricing estimates. Does anyone know about how many calendars usually sell? My different printers have differing price breaks depending on quantity.

Also does anyone have a breakdown of how many calendars ship outside of the US?

Also about how much more would a person be willing to pay for an 18 month calendar, or do you prefer the 12 month format?

*Please Note* I have not been approached about or taken on the project of calendar creation for TFO. I am merely checking options based on the fact that I am very grateful for this forum and I feel terribly for everyone who has been let down by the current process.

I looked for your shop on Etsy but didn't find anything under the name you use here. Tell me you're shop name – I would love to see it. I also have a shop there – I just use my name.

I think it's an excellent idea to sell the tortoise calendar in your shop, or an Etsy shop that the forum creates and runs. That would really help simplify things. Right now Josh has to email people about shipping costs. Setting things up so there is a flat shipping cost in the US would make things a lot easier for the volunteer who does shipping. And Etsy could do calculated shipping for out of the country purchases. Just some thoughts. Hope it's helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.