Leo's eating bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yucaipa CA
Okay, when I came home from school, I went to check on are sulcata and CDT and MDT, when I checked on the big guy after the little guys, I found him earing a poor pray mantis, the day before, he ate a slug too. Is he suppost to eat bugs? Is it natural or should I watch out for that and maybe stop him from doing it?

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Yucaipa CA
The bugs aren't part of his diet. And seeing as he's 32 inches, 120 pounds, he gets one head of romian(As a filler) 2 tomatoes, 2 carrots, 1 apple and a red bell pepper.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If that's what you feed him normally, I think you need to change up his diet and make it better. More greens, weeds, cactus, grass, hays, mulberry, hibiscus, some mazuri etc, etc. less veggies and romaine. Of course, I am assuming Leo is a sulcata?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Does he get some natural foods such as grasses, weeds, cactus, flowers? I wouldn't worry about him finding a bug and eating one here and there, as they are in the natural environment as well. However in general, it's not a food item that you would feed to them:)

SamB

5 Year Member
Yucaipa, CA
Oh lord no that is not all he eats lol cactus by the pound, grazes all day long on grasses/weeds etc etc

don't worry tort friends, he eats better and more then I do lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
SamB said:
Oh lord no that is not all he eats lol cactus by the pound, grazes all day long on grasses/weeds etc etc

don't worry tort friends, he eats better and more then I do lol

Not sure who you are responding too. My post was for the OP, AshleighB. I'm confused. Are you too together, and that's why you posted "don't forget the hay" and also your last post? I easily confused you know. You shouldn't do that :p:D

SamB

5 Year Member
Yucaipa, CA
So sorry Wellington my apologies, AshleighB is my 15yo daughter lol

SamB

5 Year Member
Yucaipa, CA
I'm also working the 2nd job today so I cant yell at her in the next room lol

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
It's coming together now:) I hear you on the fact that our torts eat better than us:)

SamB

5 Year Member
Yucaipa, CA
TortieLuver said:
It's coming together now:) I hear you on the fact that our torts eat better than us:)

Dude seriously right? I had to get another fridge in the garage strictly for "animal" stuff and we buy things by the case to supplement them all.

Mind you we have chickens, sheep, goats, torts, turtles, etc, etc but I mean really, come on now, another fridge?

Everytime I think about it I say WOW

And where do I put the beer? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.