Leopard Tortoise struggling on back legs

sez1201

I'm new here and need advice. My 4 year old female leopard struggles to walk on her back legs, she uses her legs but they sort of collapse. My male is fine and has no problem walking.
We have recently changed the UV light and they are fed a variety of weeds and plants with added calcium.
I am going to take her to the vets but wondered if anyone knew why she could be doing this and if there is anything I can to help her in the meantime (physical therapy etc)
Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

This could be caused by too many things for us to be able to help you here on the Forum. The tortoise needs to be seen by a vet. It might be a problem with the calcium, or dystocia...there's just no way for us to know.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). My only thought, and this is only a thought, is there enough room for her to get enough exercise? If the two are together, could he had hurt her in a way that her legs are possibly sore/bruised? Good luck at the vets, hope all turns out to be a very minor fix. Please keep us posted.

sez1201

Hi
Thanks for both replies, she will definitely be going to vets. They are in a 4ft by 4ft table. I will keep you posted