Leopard Parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
Richard Fife just sent me pictures of the (probable) parents of his latest clutch! The dad is in front, and is definitely the father. The mother is unknown, but is probably the one in back.

PICT0112.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
That one does have a beautifully smooth shell for the size of it! I'm surprised at the lack of black markings. Much less than I expected to see. Nice pair though. :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Greg T said:
That one does have a beautifully smooth shell for the size of it! I'm surprised at the lack of black markings. Much less than I expected to see. Nice pair though. :)

Given Richard's location and enclosure set-ups, I'd imagine that they're mud coated. In fact, the girl I got Jimmy and Climber from...ALL of the sulcatas over there are GRAY from mud and sand...

2d6jsrr.jpg

32'' 195 lbs WC Female

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Nice leopards. That's nice of him to send pictures of the parents. It's always fun to see where your little torts come from.

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
That's so cool! I wonder if absorbing the sand and dust around them is an evolutionary adaptation of some kind.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Kayti said:
That's so cool! I wonder if absorbing the sand and dust around them is an evolutionary adaptation of some kind.

Yeah! I thought the same thing...and the answer I came up with is this is a key ingredient to preventing pyramiding...I'm opning a can of worms with this...eh?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.