Leopard hatchling indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Levi is my 6month old leopard tortoise. A friend of mine just gave me a 40gal reptile tank for free! yay! Since it is much more cosmetically appealing than his former storage bin enclosure (hey it did the job, was ugly thats all) I set him up in this. Not once yet has he had an issue with rubbing the glass trying to get out. As long as it stays that way I will leave the glass clear. I love to see him and I think he likes to see me too! My husband is currently building a table to put the tank on, but until it is finished I keep the tank on the floor. I have been following the recommendations in The End of Pyramiding II thread. Levi gets at least one soak a day. The basking light is a regular incandescent 100watt bulb. The basking temperature is usually 105. The temperature tapers off to the cool end at about 80ish. He gets his tank misted down with warm water to keep the humidity at 80%. The only time the humidity drops is at night. The Ceramic Heat Emitter keeps the tank at 83ish at night. In the morning when I wake up the humidity is usually around 60%. My closed top helps keep the humidity up. I actually took aluminum foil, cut it to fit and spray painted it black! dont laugh ;) it works great. I did cut 2 holes for the lights and taped it in place. I have a log hide in there but he doesn't use it anymore. He used it before I added all the fake plants. Those have become his most favorite thing in the world. He loves to maneuver all around and under them. His chosen sleeping spot is under the leaves up against the log. He fits in the mini flower saucer dish and loves it. He has a decorative stone under his basking light and some rocks placed around it to help with the warmth. I pull out patches of grass/weeds from his outdoor enclosure and plant them in here. Once it is eaten or dies off I replace it. I also give him chip clip bushes of food too. In this picture he got a red bush and green bush made of spring mix lettuces. I used clean dirt from my yard for the substrate and green printer paper taped to the outside for a backround to hide the light fixture cords. Someday I'll spend the money on a fancy backround ;) I think that sums it up..lol.
Oh ya, now the pictures!
8wysxx.jpg

992p0g.jpg

9ir1x5.jpg

qyy7hs.jpg

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Looks good. I agree aquariums are a better choice for aesthetics but they just don't seem to give them away where i'm at lol

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
jtrux said:
Looks good. I agree aquariums are a better choice for aesthetics but they just don't seem to give them away where i'm at lol

Ya i'd have never purchased this! I priced it at our local pet shop.. $149.99. My friend was given an adult Redfoot in this tank but she has him housed outside. So she passed the tank along to me. Such a score, for Levi getting this new tank and for that RF getting an outside space!

Status
Not open for further replies.