Leopard Gecko Housing Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Texas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antelope Valley
I have a leopard gecko among many other reptiles but I haven't exactly figured this one out.

I am looking to redo her housing unit and was looking for some advice. I always try to create the most realistic environment for my animals both for their benefit and also for visual affect.

If anyone here has a lot of experience with leopard geckos and could offer some advice on how to create a natural habitat for them it would be greatly appreciated.

Right now she has a 29 gallon tank which is know is larger than most recommend. I am considering building her a mostly wood unit to block out the light during the day. Also do they do better with friends or by themselves?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Search "leopard gecko" here on the forum, there's an older thread that has a picture of a nice setup. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone and its a bit more tedious to do so.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
jaizei said:
Search "leopard gecko" here on the forum, there's an older thread that has a picture of a nice setup. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone and its a bit more tedious to do so.

Here it is.

The Adjustor

5 Year Member
Tucson, Az
http://www.lizard-landscapes.com/

This site offers instructions on how to make "fake rock" structures for lizard tanks. They are pretty easy to make and you can be as creative as you want. You can build some nice hides and climbing structures, and even make the floor of the viv this way.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I love all the fun looking stuff they make for geckos to climb on. I want to see your pix. They are fun little guys. Don't you just love watching them eat?

Little Texas

5 Year Member
Antelope Valley
OK so it was my computer that wasn't working. Here is her tank right now. They are kinda bad pics but there are hiding spots behind the rock structure on the right. Those are different succulents placed in there also. 100_0933.JPG100_0932.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.