Leopard eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick.Ire

5 Year Member
After getting our adult male just months ago our largest female dug a nest and laid 6 eggs. She cracked 1 and another might have a hairline crack but 4 are perfect. Unbelievably our second female started digging earlier in the main enclosure so after digging up the first clutch we lamped her in the nesting box and she started a nest at around 4. She's nearly three hours at it and is sitting over it now in perfect position to drop moving her legs slightly but not digging. It's a waiting game now I guess. These are our first leopard eggs. Very excited. The second nest is perfect so hope all goes well with laying. Does it normally take long for leopards to start dropping?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
With smaller animals and first time layers I have in my experience ran into the females taking a long time. But not that long. Usually once the nest is dug laying starts pretty soon after that. How big is this female that has been at it a while? Wouldn't want to alarm you but, could be egg bound or very shy while visitors are around her.WHats the time frame she stopped digging and how long she has been sitting over the hole? How deep is the hole? Lots of times they will dig test holes but these wont be as deep or well done as the actual nest site she chooses.

Status
Not open for further replies.