Leg issue...baby sulcata

Skip K

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
One of the baby Sulcatas we got about 2 weeks has a leg issue. My best guess is during shipping...it tried to constantly get out of its container ( actually was doing this when I opened the container). It looks like it tried to push up the wall...bending one rear leg...at the joint...inward...probably because of the edge of the shell pushing against the joint...maybe hyperextending it or worse. Overall the baby is active, eats well and is growing. I have noticed that at night it sleeps over a hump in the tort table...and extends the leg probably trying to alleviate the discomfort. Any thoughts or insights?

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Can you post a photo? Other members have talked about “water therapy” for some limb injuries. I wonder if that would be helpful to your little guy. It’s basically soaking in deeper water than you might normally and getting them to swim.

Skip K

Virginia
Thank you for the reply. I’m willing to try anything at this point. It hard to get a photo of the leg. The best I can do is this. A normal rear leg kinda looks like this when it bends at the joint...>......his leg looks like this when it extends...<. This is exaggeration of course but gives an idea. It might be wishful thinking but there appears a slight improvement...or maybe better put... the hyper extended ( if it is that) seems maybe less pronounced. We got two babies and one is doing perfectly. The one with the leg problem...had a gritty urate problem as well from the day we received him...but I’ve addressed that problem and believe it’s corrected. But despite all his problems...not gonna give up on him