Lazarus found a really awesome new home!!

Colinpv

Location (City and/or State)
peeples valley, Arizona
So as some of you may or may not of seen, My Sulcata needed to go to a really, really good home. Well i called a rescue and this really nice guy answered, and without hesitation said he would take them. Well when the time came he blew me off and never answered any calls or texts. i was so upset because its hard enough, and now im pressured before i have to go to school... well i found the Phoenix Herpetologist Society through a friend, and i called them and they said they would take him in if i got there before 4 (closing time i think). so i Went ahead and took him and all his gear down there. When i pulled out i was so shocked..... it was such a beautiful sanctuary for all sorts of turtles, tortoises, lizards, snakes, even a few alligators! and they had a ton of sulcata's, from babies to adults. it was so freaking cool. I made sure of some things i was really hoping would happen, such as keeping his name (not that anyone really cares lol) and proper care,and if he would be adopted out or raised in house... and they are going to keep him there, and i can see him whenever i can!! And to assure that continues, i "sponsored" him for a $25.00 donation monthly, to pay for his food and what not. as me and my family joked, his "rent" haha. I love that little guy so much, and even though i miss him dearly already..... this is like heaven for him compared to everything he went through before i got him, and what i sadly couldnt give him. im so happy! and if you happen to remember me and what was going on, i also had box turtles.... they are awesome and i decided to keep them, and make some improvements on their lives because i have to room and capacity to take care of them. just wanted to share yall! <3 :)

Attachments

• laz2.jpg
    laz2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I'm so happy you decided to keep the box turtles, and I'm happy your sulcata found an awesome home, and that you'll be able to visit.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Always blessing to find an amazing, caring home for your reptiles. Maybe after school, you can get him back perhaps.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So as some of you may or may not of seen, My Sulcata needed to go to a really, really good home. Well i called a rescue and this really nice guy answered, and without hesitation said he would take them. Well when the time came he blew me off and never answered any calls or texts. i was so upset because its hard enough, and now im pressured before i have to go to school... well i found the Phoenix Herpetologist Society through a friend, and i called them and they said they would take him in if i got there before 4 (closing time i think). so i Went ahead and took him and all his gear down there. When i pulled out i was so shocked..... it was such a beautiful sanctuary for all sorts of turtles, tortoises, lizards, snakes, even a few alligators! and they had a ton of sulcata's, from babies to adults. it was so freaking cool. I made sure of some things i was really hoping would happen, such as keeping his name (not that anyone really cares lol) and proper care,and if he would be adopted out or raised in house... and they are going to keep him there, and i can see him whenever i can!! And to assure that continues, i "sponsored" him for a $25.00 donation monthly, to pay for his food and what not. as me and my family joked, his "rent" haha. I love that little guy so much, and even though i miss him dearly already..... this is like heaven for him compared to everything he went through before i got him, and what i sadly couldnt give him. im so happy! and if you happen to remember me and what was going on, i also had box turtles.... they are awesome and i decided to keep them, and make some improvements on their lives because i have to room and capacity to take care of them. just wanted to share yall! <3 :)
I am very glad for you. The best part you get to see him whenever you want. Well done on doing the right thing even though it meant you had to give him up.