Laying eggs with out hibernating, is it possible?

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
More or lesa what the title says. Is it possible for a female to lay eggs if she hasnt hibernated?? I read an old piece of information that states a female will NEVER lay eggs of she didnt hibernate the previous season. Is this a fact or myth??

Would love to hear all opinions.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
More or lesa what the title says. Is it possible for a female to lay eggs if she hasnt hibernated?? I read an old piece of information that states a female will NEVER lay eggs of she didnt hibernate the previous season. Is this a fact or myth??

Would love to hear all opinions.

She can lay eggs at any moment...now whether they are fertile or not is a different conversation...

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Bert wasted no time my other half has seen them "mating" a few timea the 1st she said she interrupted them and wasnt sure if they did anything or if he was just in possion.

The other time she took too pictures(i attached them). Said there where noises and such :)

Normally she would head but him and move about the enclosure bugging him and he would withdraw into his shell, since this instance she wants nothing to do with him, I had to seperate them because she was out side trying to eat the planted lettuce and he kept trying. After about an hour of seperation i put him back and they where fine passing by each other as nothing happened.

Ive kept an eye on them today and ill be home tomorrow so I keep an eye out if there is any more pestering, but I am actively hoping for a clutch this year if possible.
received_179826696177836.jpegreceived_179826692844503.jpeg