Last egg hatched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
On Monday the last egg pipped. Monday night at about 5:15 p.m. the last egg hatched.

this is egg #1 and last to hatch
DSCF3449.jpg

Big yolk sack exposed
DSCF3462.jpg

In plastic container, a little misshapen and heading back to the incubator
DSCF3465.jpg

by Tuesday night March 25th most of the yolk sack has been absorbed.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Cute little guy.

susan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, Ca.
Wow!! Congratulations!!! Another beautiful baby! Good job you!!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats Robyn - another cutie!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
wow! nice photos! congrats robyn on a great looking hatchling!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Sorry for the delay in CONGRATS on #3 hatchling Robyn!
36_10_1.gif

Forgive me.. but I'm somewhat concerned that there has been other examples of taking 'hatchling pics' "right-out-of-the-egg". Strictly an observation. I've done it myself in the past.. but feel it's too much 'flash' for the "forest tort" babydoll eyes now. Just an IMH(umble)O folks!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Robyn :D #3 is looking great. :D

I've never had a problem Terry taking pictures with flash of my hatchlings. The flash doesn't last long enough to cause a problem.

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Redfoot NERD said:
Sorry for the delay in CONGRATS on #3 hatchling Robyn!
36_10_1.gif

Forgive me.. but I'm somewhat concerned that there has been other examples of taking 'hatchling pics' "right-out-of-the-egg". Strictly an observation. I've done it myself in the past.. but feel it's too much 'flash' for the "forest tort" babydoll eyes now. Just an IMH(umble)O folks!

Thanks you all for your wonderful comments.

Terry sweet you are worried about the flash in the babies’ eyes, and nice to know you have never found it a problem Danny. I would have figured a lot of people wouldn't have even thought about it. However before I took any new babies pic Torts or Infants, I was concerned a bright light could cause problems or at the least discomfort, so I took no chances.
I use a filter over the actual flash. I tried direct flash, coffee filter, Kleenex and finally found that 3 layers of (Kirkland) paper towels work best. This I had tested prior to taking any pics of the torts. Last year a friend had a baby and wanted me to take some pic of her. But was concerned the flash would cause her discomfort. So I experimented at home with the filters. I was able to get some great pics of the new baby without any discomfort or even a blink from her. So when my tort babies were in the incubator I took some practice shots in the house to see where and how much light would be produced with the paper towel filter. That is why they are all taken in the same place the light flash was minimal and I filtered out the glare what would be a discomfort or cause problems and that would also wash out the color of the torts. And I do appreciate your concerns and your opinions Terry and Danny.

See goes to show you I’m a new Tort mom. I was more worried about the size of her yolk sack.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Congrats! Its so funny how the come out the egg all bent and floppy like that then straighten up. cute.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Sorry for the late response. But soooo cute, Congratulations, the paper towel over the flash, what a great idea!!!

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Beautiful baby Robyn! And great idea with the paper towel filter!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks, RFBT,Jen, Misty, Tortania, Wayne.bob and Cory for the kind words. She(?) is doing great and is almost ready to come out of the incubator as her yolk sack has been absorbed, Whew (that had me worried). I will be taking more pics of all three soon.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
I SO wish I had had Percy since he was a baby. They are so cute and he would probably trust me more. I am so tempted to get a baby, but I imagine it would be hard to keep the two at the same time - hatchlings are more high maintenance that I am not sure I can provide right now...so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.