Large tortoise shows up on east Bexar family's porch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
BEXAR COUNTY, Texas -

A family in east Bexar County is playing host to a giant and unexpected visitor.

An Adkins family temporarily adopted a large tortoise they saw walking toward their front porch.

The Lewanski family says they see Texas Tortoises often around their home, but they've never seen a shelled critter this big.

They began to feed the tortoise animal apples, carrots and lettuce and he has stuck around ever since.

They say they have searched for a local reptile rescue organization to take in the tortoise, but have not had any success.

The family says the tortoise appeared to be a Texas Tortoise, but after some research, they don't believe it is one.

They plan to take it to a PETCO employee who keeps turtles on her property.

http://www.ksat.com/news/Large-tort...porch/-/478452/21843896/-/g6d8l6/-/index.html

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
That is one pretty tortoise. I would think there are lost signs everywhere in Bexar county looking for that one!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Wow..I live here in Bexar county and have not heard about this. Thats awsome they are finding him/her a nice home. Wish i could adopt him/ her but im about out of room.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.