Lady Hermann not her usual self

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Greetings to your ladyship from your humble admirer (well, two admirers if you include my mum) -thank you for your compliments on my looks. When I go out with my dad to the sea, we almost always meet people who say how beautiful I am, and often exclaim "Oh, I love him !" However I am a modest person really, and, as my dad points out (in private) I don't looks so good when I have an occasional poo-storm !
Respectful good wishes to you and your delightful retainer xx
Angie

ruthiepo

Location (City and/or State)
Chippenham
Good evening Zola, thank you for your kind message.
I am very interested to hear about your visits to the sea and the people you meet.
I'm sure they never forget meeting you.
Do you walk on the sand or climb across pebbles?
It must be so nice to watch the waves coming in.
I hope you are enjoying the beautiful September sunshine. There are lots of shady places and good hiding places in my garden, I can't get out as there are stone walls all around, but I try to make my retainer's life more exciting by seeing how well I can hide, hoping to be allowed to camp out overnight.
So far, though, I have always been discovered, no matter how cunningly I have tucked myself away. A bit of my shell always seems to stick out.
We live next door to a children's day nursery and I enjoy hearing the children's voices shouting and sometimes screaming.
My mum has offered to take me round to meet some of these young people and covid regulations permitting, I am looking forward to all the attention, and allowing some of them to stroke my shell.
I will let you know if it happens; they have to be so careful not to allow possible infection into the nursery.
I may have to wear my mask.
Time to climb up into my cosy hut.
Goodnight Zola and thank you for the cheering update, fond regards from your friend Teztez

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening Zola, thank you for your kind message.
I am very interested to hear about your visits to the sea and the people you meet.
I'm sure they never forget meeting you.
Do you walk on the sand or climb across pebbles?
It must be so nice to watch the waves coming in.
I hope you are enjoying the beautiful September sunshine. There are lots of shady places and good hiding places in my garden, I can't get out as there are stone walls all around, but I try to make my retainer's life more exciting by seeing how well I can hide, hoping to be allowed to camp out overnight.
So far, though, I have always been discovered, no matter how cunningly I have tucked myself away. A bit of my shell always seems to stick out.
We live next door to a children's day nursery and I enjoy hearing the children's voices shouting and sometimes screaming.
My mum has offered to take me round to meet some of these young people and covid regulations permitting, I am looking forward to all the attention, and allowing some of them to stroke my shell.
I will let you know if it happens; they have to be so careful not to allow possible infection into the nursery.
I may have to wear my mask.
Time to climb up into my cosy hut.
Goodnight Zola and thank you for the cheering update, fond regards from your friend Teztez
Humble greetings to your ladyship and to your devoted carer. It was, as always, delightful to hear from you. I am sure the children at the nursery wold love to meet you, though if you have to wear a mask, I can't imagine where you would fix it. I meet a lot of children when I go out with my dad - I like little babies, and often they seem to be watching me very intently, which is nice. Once I met a little girl who was riding on her dad's shoulders - she didn't talk yet, but of course we told her my name - then a few days later, we met them again, and her dad said when she saw me she called Zola - and it was her very first word !!
When we are on the beach, I walk on pebbles a bit, but not on the sand, because I don't want to get salty sand on my skin. And when we walk in the sea, my dad carries me, but sometimes lets me almost touch the waves - I like that , especially when the sun is shining on them.
I am sure your retainer gets a lot of enjoyment out of looking for you when you hide in your garden. I could get out of most places, as I am an experienced rock climber., as you will see from this photo.
All best wishes to your ladyship and your retainer from Zola
intrepid-climber.jpg

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Humble greetings to your ladyship and to your devoted carer. It was, as always, delightful to hear from you. I am sure the children at the nursery wold love to meet you, though if you have to wear a mask, I can't imagine where you would fix it. I meet a lot of children when I go out with my dad - I like little babies, and often they seem to be watching me very intently, which is nice. Once I met a little girl who was riding on her dad's shoulders - she didn't talk yet, but of course we told her my name - then a few days later, we met them again, and her dad said when she saw me she called Zola - and it was her very first word !!
When we are on the beach, I walk on pebbles a bit, but not on the sand, because I don't want to get salty sand on my skin. And when we walk in the sea, my dad carries me, but sometimes lets me almost touch the waves - I like that , especially when the sun is shining on them.
I am sure your retainer gets a lot of enjoyment out of looking for you when you hide in your garden. I could get out of most places, as I am an experienced rock climber., as you will see from this photo.
View attachment 332467
I hope this photo gets in Jamie Shefield's next book. What a riot. In fact, maybe you should do your own book of photos of Zola's adventures. He is so photogenic!!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I hope this photo gets in Jamie Shefield's next book. What a riot. In fact, maybe you should do your own book of photos of Zola's adventures. He is so photogenic!!
I'm glad you like it - but we don't want Zola to be "famous" and have him all over Facebook or Instagram -he is quite a private person really, as are we, but it is nice to give people who appreciate him the chance to see some of his many talents.
Angie

ruthiepo

Chippenham
I hope this photo gets in Jamie Shefield's next book. What a riot. In fact, maybe you should do your own book of photos of Zola's adventures. He is so
View attachment 332467
Thank you Zola!
You really are amazing!
I feel very privileged to know you, your courageous exploits brighten my day.
My loyal retainer feels you should have a racing driver's wreath around your neck and champagne frothing around, we admire you very much.
Fond regards from Lady Teztez and Ruth
Thank you for cheering us up.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
View attachment 332467
Did you give Zola rock climbing lessons??
I am giving Lola a trophy!!?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
You really are amazing!
I feel very privileged to know you, your courageous exploits brighten my day.
My loyal retainer feels you should have a racing driver's wreath around your neck and champagne frothing around, we admire you very much.
Fond regards from Lady Teztez and Ruth
Thank you for cheering us up.
Dear Lady Teztez and Ruth -Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope this photo will show you I am not just a fun-loving tortoise , however, but always keen to help people out !
Zola and Angie
Zola-shepherd_2_crop_sm.jpg

ruthiepo

Chippenham
? good afternoon Zola, my mum and I love your picture of you being a shepherd, you wear a hat very well, very chic.
I am in my bath at the moment, we have been very busy today and had some visitors with young children.
I was given a strawberry as a treat, and the children stroked my shell. They had never met a tortoise before and I like to think that they will have good memories of our time.
After all the excitement I needed a drink ( my retainer also felt she could do with a little something!)
So I am having a warm and pleasant wallow in my personal bath.
I hope you have had a restful afternoon after your adventures helping to guide the sheep. We will always think of you when we see any around.
Au revoir, my handsome friend, thank you for the picture.
From Lady Teztez, sometimes known as Tezzapops, and Ruth.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
? good afternoon Zola, my mum and I love your picture of you being a shepherd, you wear a hat very well, very chic.
I am in my bath at the moment, we have been very busy today and had some visitors with young children.
I was given a strawberry as a treat, and the children stroked my shell. They had never met a tortoise before and I like to think that they will have good memories of our time.
After all the excitement I needed a drink ( my retainer also felt she could do with a little something!)
So I am having a warm and pleasant wallow in my personal bath.
I hope you have had a restful afternoon after your adventures helping to guide the sheep. We will always think of you when we see any around.
Au revoir, my handsome friend, thank you for the picture.
From Lady Teztez, sometimes known as Tezzapops, and Ruth.
I wonder if you are still in your bath, Your Ladyship .Do you have any bath toys? I have a yellow plastic duck, but I don't really play with it much now.I'm glad you liked my photo, but I must admit it was taken earlier this year. It was by a reservoir on Dartmoor, and the farmer was moving the sheep from one side of the lake to the other, across the bridge - then they had to go into another field, but some of them were a bit excitable. I soon sorted them out, though !
Your humble admirers
Zola and Angie

ruthiepo

Chippenham
I wonder if you are still in your bath, Your Ladyship .Do you have any bath toys? I have a yellow plastic duck, but I don't really play with it much now.I'm glad you liked my photo, but I must admit it was taken earlier this year. It was by a reservoir on Dartmoor, and the farmer was moving the sheep from one side of the lake to the other, across the bridge - then they had to go into another field, but some of them were a bit excitable. I soon sorted them out, though !
Your humble admirers
Zola and Angie
?

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Hello Zola and dear Angie,
I am quite jealous to hear that you have a duck for your bath, Ruth has never thought of giving me one, I shall await developments with my usual phlegmatic patience. I quite enjoy my bath, it goes on top of the Aga side, so I can feel the warmth coming through under my plastron.
I can watch while my retainer makes cups of tea and chats to me. I have learnt a few phrases and endearments, the term "the beautiful Teztez" always makes me extend my head and neck gracefully out to thank my loyal companion.
It is so interesting to enjoy your pictures of lovely Devon, we are very glad you can get out and about and see so many fascinating things.
I would love to see a photo of you in your travelling basket, it sounds very cosy and comfortable.
Thank you for your kind messages, and we hope you and Angie keep well.
Fond regards from your friend Teztez and Ruth

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Zola and dear Angie,
I am quite jealous to hear that you have a duck for your bath, Ruth has never thought of giving me one, I shall await developments with my usual phlegmatic patience. I quite enjoy my bath, it goes on top of the Aga side, so I can feel the warmth coming through under my plastron.
I can watch while my retainer makes cups of tea and chats to me. I have learnt a few phrases and endearments, the term "the beautiful Teztez" always makes me extend my head and neck gracefully out to thank my loyal companion.
It is so interesting to enjoy your pictures of lovely Devon, we are very glad you can get out and about and see so many fascinating things.
I would love to see a photo of you in your travelling basket, it sounds very cosy and comfortable.
Thank you for your kind messages, and we hope you and Angie keep well.
Fond regards from your friend Teztez and Ruth
Greetings O Beautiful TezTez and devoted Ruth -I will get my dad to take a photo of me in my travelling basket - it is very much like a picnic basket really, but made with no colouring, preservatives etc, by a lady who lives in a village near here called Sheepwash, which I think is a great name ! When she made it I was quite small, so my mum and dad had to guess how big it needed to be, and it is now just right, as I don't think I will get any bigger.Mostly I sit on my mum's lap in the car, as I don't want to miss anything -treats, for example
With fervent good wishes for your noble self and Ruth
Angie

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Greetings O Beautiful TezTez and devoted Ruth -I will get my dad to take a photo of me in my travelling basket - it is very much like a picnic basket really, but made with no colouring, preservatives etc, by a lady who lives in a village near here called Sheepwash, which I think is a great name ! When she made it I was quite small, so my mum and dad had to guess how big it needed to be, and it is now just right, as I don't think I will get any bigger.Mostly I sit on my mum's lap in the car, as I don't want to miss anything -treats, for example
With fervent good wishes for your noble self and Ruth
Angie
??

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello dear Lady TT and Ruth - it was sunny here today, but my dad couldn't take me for a walk ,as he had to cut the hedge - and my mum has managed to partly tear her bicep - and her arm hurts quite a bit, so she didn't want to play with me much - however, I was very good and kept her company, quietly.She says she thinks I know if she isn't well - of course I do !!
I was interested to know that you are sometimes called Tezzapops - I have a friend who calls me Loviepops - I like it better now I know your name is similar !
With respectful good wishes to you both from Zola and Angie x

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hello dear Lady TT and Ruth - it was sunny here today, but my dad couldn't take me for a walk ,as he had to cut the hedge - and my mum has managed to partly tear her bicep - and her arm hurts quite a bit, so she didn't want to play with me much - however, I was very good and kept her company, quietly.She says she thinks I know if she isn't well - of course I do !!
I was interested to know that you are sometimes called Tezzapops - I have a friend who calls me Loviepops - I like it better now I know your name is similar !
With respectful good wishes to you both from Zola and Angie x
Angie, were you playing American football & threw so hard you tore your bicep away from your arm? Denver Broncos John Elway did that once.

My hubby thought he tore both biceps moving but Relief Factor is helping him recover. He's almost human again.

So your bicep tear is very painful, I know. Please take care. Maybe take up soccer where you move your feet more & don't use your arms so much. Houdini says Hi!!

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Good morning Zola and dear Angie,
My mum and I are very sorry to hear that Angie has torn her bicep, it must be horribly painful, we are so sorry. My mum says have you got arnica as it is so good for pain, injuries and shock.
I'm sure you are being a great comfort to your lovely Angie, I know you are a noble tortoise that comes to the fore in an emergency, we will be relying on you for updates.
I'm glad that my funny nickname makes you feel better about yours, I think your name shows how your sunny personality is appreciated ?
With best wishes, hoping Angie will soon feel better, from your friend Teztez and Ruth