Lady Hermann not her usual self

ruthiepo

Location (City and/or State)
Chippenham
Hello Angie, that is very interesting, I hadn't read about Zola's story before.
He has a lovely life with you both in Devon!!
I love the thought of him sleeping in your lap in the car, that is so sweet.
Thank you for all the helpful advice and encouragement you have given us.
Teztez (sometimes Lady) seems to like being on people's laps, she settles down and puts her head out to enjoy the petting and attention.
Something about tortoises makes us smile and smile!!

ruthiepo

Chippenham
I just found the picture of Zola with his radicchio!
I haven't been able to get any yet for Lady Hermann delectation but I will have a try this week.

ruthiepo

Chippenham
And also the picture of Angie with you, Zola, at Stonehenge!
Her ladyship and I think your mum has a lovely face, Zola, you are a very fortunate chap ?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
And also the picture of Angie with you, Zola, at Stonehenge!
Her ladyship and I think your mum has a lovely face, Zola, you are a very fortunate chap ?
Well, my mum and dad think they are very lucky to have found me (especially after what happened to my brother who was also for sale in the pet shop with me) - they will tell you about that if we ever get to meet !)
I do love radicchio , but we go to a greengrocer who is connected with the local wholesaler, and they order it for the next day. It keeps for weeks in the fridge.We used to get it in Florette Crispy salad mix, but only little bits, which are not as good , obviously, but easier to get, and have other stuff in them that Her Ladyship might condescend to eat.
I always sit on my mums lap in the car, and sometimes she shows me things outside, like lambs or little ponies. I have a special wicker box with a lid- like a picnic basket - which was made for me by a local lady - and it has towels in it. If my mum and dad both have to leave me in the car for some reason, they wrap me in a little towel ,in the basket, and I know they will be back soon for me .
Best wishes from Zola and Angie x

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Well, my mum and dad think they are very lucky to have found me (especially after what happened to my brother who was also for sale in the pet shop with me) - they will tell you about that if we ever get to meet !)
I do love radicchio , but we go to a greengrocer who is connected with the local wholesaler, and they order it for the next day. It keeps for weeks in the fridge.We used to get it in Florette Crispy salad mix, but only little bits, which are not as good , obviously, but easier to get, and have other stuff in them that Her Ladyship might condescend to eat.
I always sit on my mums lap in the car, and sometimes she shows me things outside, like lambs or little ponies. I have a special wicker box with a lid- like a picnic basket - which was made for me by a local lady - and it has towels in it. If my mum and dad both have to leave me in the car for some reason, they wrap me in a little towel ,in the basket, and I know they will be back soon for me .
Best wishes from Zola and Angie x
?

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Good morning Zola,
Hope you are enjoying the sunshine in Devon, it's beautiful here in Wiltshire and I am soaking up the UVB and am feeling much more energetic.
My mum has bought some salad mix containing radicchio and lambs lettuce and here I am enjoying it beside my favourite basking and hiding bush.
Kind regards and best wishes from Lady Teztez,
I am most impressed that you go to see the sea!! I've never seen it yet but my mum has grandchildren in Bournemouth so maybe I will get to see it one day.20210609_105317.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Lady Teztez - I am glad you have had a sunny day - here it has been quite cloudy, and it is raining now. But we still went to look at the sea, at a place near us called Widemouth Bay.It is one of my favourite places, because you can walk to the end of the headland with the skylarks singing high above you, and see lots of lovely waves crashing on the rocks. We don't go on to the beach usually - but when we do, on a very sunny day, my mum and dad paddle into the water, and hold me over it so I can see the shadow tortoise waving at me through the ripples. I don't walk on the sand though, in case it gets on my skin.
Best wishes from Zola

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Hello Lady Teztez - I am glad you have had a sunny day - here it has been quite cloudy, and it is raining now. But we still went to look at the sea, at a place near us called Widemouth Bay.It is one of my favourite places, because you can walk to the end of the headland with the skylarks singing high above you, and see lots of lovely waves crashing on the rocks. We don't go on to the beach usually - but when we do, on a very sunny day, my mum and dad paddle into the water, and hold me over it so I can see the shadow tortoise waving at me through the ripples. I don't walk on the sand though, in case it gets on my skin.
Best wishes from Zola
?

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Wish my mum knew how to get rid of multiple pictures of me.
Still, soaking up the sun is so enjoyable!
Best wishes to Angie and Zola from Lady Teztez

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Wish my mum knew how to get rid of multiple pictures of me.
Still, soaking up the sun is so enjoyable!
Best wishes to Angie and Zola from Lady Teztez
Hello Lady Teztez - how lovely to hear from you, and a great pleasure to see so many pictures of you, even if some are the same. I am glad you are having a good time. It will be my birthday on Thursday - I shall be 21 - and hope to have some birthday photos of me to send you. My mum always makes me a special birthday hat.
Best wishes and deepest respect to your delightful self and your fortunate parent from Zola and Angie

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Hello Lady Teztez - how lovely to hear from you, and a great pleasure to see so many pictures of you, even if some are the same. I am glad you are having a good time. It will be my birthday on Thursday - I shall be 21 - and hope to have some birthday photos of me to send you. My mum always makes me a special birthday hat.
Best wishes and deepest respect to your delightful self and your fortunate parent from Zola and Angie
Thank you Zola, hope you have a lovely 21st birthday celebration, congratulations!
I'm longing to see the pictures of you in your birthday hat.
So you are a millennium tortoise, very special!
Your shell is a lovely blond colour, we think it looks unusual and distinctive.
Have you been to any interesting places lately?
Best wishes from Lady Teztez

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Happy 21st Birthday Zola!
Congratu;ations!
Hope you have a lovely day, and we look forward to seeing your birthday pictures.
Best wishes from Lady Teztez and Ruth.

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Enigmatic tortoise, shrouded in mystery....
Why would she , last year, engulf as many clover heads as she was offered and this summer, refuse to look at them!
Turns her head away in a high nosed bored manner!
Quite keen on broad leaved plantain though.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Why would she , last year, engulf as many clover heads as she was offered and this summer, refuse to look at them!
Hello your ladyship - I apologise deeply for not communicating for some time, and hope you have not taken offence. My mum has been struggling with very bad headaches, and the usual treatments she was having in the hospital were stopped because of Covid - however she is back on them now, but it takes time for them to work. She is going to send you my birthday photos ... if she can !!
They are of a lovely car we met at Roadford lake - not really on the beach- and of me winning the Tour de France cycle race, which we watch each year.car-beach_sm.jpg

cyclist_sm.jpgcyclist_sm.jpg

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Oh how lovely hear from you Zola!
I am very impressed with your marvellous ride on the Tour de France!
I wish I had been there, I would have stuck my head right out to watch you carefully.
My mum and I are very sorry to hear about Angie's headaches.
I do trust there is nothing seriously wrong.
We do hope the treatment works well.
My mum's son had surgery several years ago to remove a meningioma behind his forehead, it was successful I'm told, but he is on medication to control his headaches.
I love the picture of you inspecting the car, thank you for sharing your adventures!
I have been having a fairly quiet summer except for when my Dad and Mum had to be away and I had a little visit to the grandchildren house.
I'm afraid I was very naughty and chose my moment when no one was looking and ran away.
They were looking after me very well, my mum had written a page of instructions and I had my own heated hut and food bowls, but it just wasn't home and I made my way through a big beech hedge onto the verge outside.
I spent the night hidden in the hedge, I could hear them calling me but I pretended not to hear.
The next day I was basking in the sun beside the road and suddenly they swooped on me!!
Foiled!!
They put me back in my run and I was not allowed out again.
My mum didn't know anything about it until she came back but she was very glad to see me again and I got lots of cuddles and treats.
Thank you so much for your message, I hope you have a lovely late summer basking afternoon.
Kind regards and love from Lady Teztez and Ruth

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Oh how lovely hear from you Zola!
I am very impressed with your marvellous ride on the Tour de France!
I wish I had been there, I would have stuck my head right out to watch you carefully.
My mum and I are very sorry to hear about Angie's headaches.
I do trust there is nothing seriously wrong.
We do hope the treatment works well.
My mum's son had surgery several years ago to remove a meningioma behind his forehead, it was successful I'm told, but he is on medication to control his headaches.
I love the picture of you inspecting the car, thank you for sharing your adventures!
I have been having a fairly quiet summer except for when my Dad and Mum had to be away and I had a little visit to the grandchildren house.
I'm afraid I was very naughty and chose my moment when no one was looking and ran away.
They were looking after me very well, my mum had written a page of instructions and I had my own heated hut and food bowls, but it just wasn't home and I made my way through a big beech hedge onto the verge outside.
I spent the night hidden in the hedge, I could hear them calling me but I pretended not to hear.
The next day I was basking in the sun beside the road and suddenly they swooped on me!!
Foiled!!
They put me back in my run and I was not allowed out again.
My mum didn't know anything about it until she came back but she was very glad to see me again and I got lots of cuddles and treats.
Thank you so much for your message, I hope you have a lovely late summer basking afternoon.
Kind regards and love from Lady Teztez and Ruth
Hello again your supreme Ladyship and your noble assistant (I was going to say servant, but that seemed a bit rude)
I am glad you like the photos. I am full of admiration for your bravery and sense of adventure, but it is a little unwise to risk your life on a road.Speaking as one who has all sorts of adventures, I can assure you that it is always a good idea to have a human companion - and they can carry handy food treats and lift you up for better views.
I am sorry about your mum's son's headaches - Angie has had various scans and tests, and there is nothing wrong exactly - she has 2 big anaesthetic injections in the back of her neck every 3 months, and about 31-35 tiny injections of botox every 3 months in-between those,all over her head. It hurts a lot, but I wait in the car for her, so I can sit on her lap and make her feel better.
I was on the beach with my dad yesterday,paddling, and I met 3 little girls who were triplets! My mum wasn't there so she is a bit jealous, because she has never met triplets herself.
Your mum seems surprised you don't like clover any more - doesn't she realise that being a Ladyship, it is almost your duty to be capricious, and keep her on her toes !
Best wishes and love from Zola and Angie x

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Good morning Zola
Thank you for your kind words and advice, I realise I am very fortunate not to have had an accident near the road, I think I was just trying to get back to my home.
When my Mum collected me from the Farm Park, she was warned that I was very good at escaping and hiding.
I used to walk down the lane from the Park and visit the nearby riding school.
I enjoyed digging into the sand area.
After these little breaks, I was returned to the farm Park each time.
Here I am being dried after my morning bath and eating a few "soggies"
I hope you and Angie have a good day.
Kind regards from Lady TezTez and my devoted retainer, Ruth.

20210907_092554.jpg20210907_092315.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello your ladyship - I apologise deeply for not communicating for some time, and hope you have not taken offence. My mum has been struggling with very bad headaches, and the usual treatments she was having in the hospital were stopped because of Covid - however she is back on them now, but it takes time for them to work. She is going to send you my birthday photos ...
and this...
Good morning Zola
Thank you for your kind words and advice, I realise I am very fortunate not to have had an accident near the road, I think I was just trying to get back to my home.
When my Mum collected me from the Farm Park, she was warned that I was very good at escaping and hiding.
I used to walk down the lane from the Park and visit the nearby riding school.
I enjoyed digging into the sand area.
After these little breaks, I was returned to the farm Park each time.
Here I am being dried after my morning bath and eating a few "soggies"
I hope you and Angie have a good day.
Kind regards from Lady TezTez and my devoted retainer, Ruth.

Hello again,your ladyship - I like your photos very much. I don't know if you will have seen my other birthday photo , which my mum posted elsewhere, so in case you didn't, here it is. The main photo was taken in Fowey, a couple of years ago, and my dad added images of me a very long time ago. The one on the left is me when I was a year old, and the one on the right is when I was 2 ish - the sizes are not properly to scale, but you get the idea. I hope you like it.
Respectful good wishes from Zola and Angiegrowing-up_sm.jpggrowing-up_sm.jpg

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Thank you Zola, those photos are awesome, I really like them ?, I love the way you looked when young and if I may say so, you have matured very attractively and look most distinguished!
Thank you very much for including them for us.
Impressed best wishes from Lady Teztez and Ruth.