Koopa’s Size Reference Thread

queen koopa

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada
Thanks! And thank you for your 3 Tortoise in Virginia thread. I follow. I find it helpful and fun.
I screwed up the title ?‍♀️ If anyone went looking or just knew ?

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Thanks!!! She has Bermuda lawn in her enclosure. When it was blocked off for several months I moved her around my property to other small lawns. Now that her lawn is going dormant I decided to take her around again. She gets seasonal weeds: rocket, dandelion, purslane, common storks bill, chickweed.. this is my first year with opuntia crop so she is getting pads couple times a week. I grow chard that she used to like... not anymore. I also throw aloe plants in her enclosure to eat if she wants. Also get her collard greens from the grocery store couple times month. She will not eat hay because I am not consistent enough to get her to eat it and she always knows she will get other things at some point, plus she always access to her lawns... dried up grass.
I have given up on hay. I cut it real small and added it to her foods and she refused to eat any that had hay touching it!

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
How much does she weigh now?
I weighed her in November I think and she was 45 pounds and I still pick her up and put her in there. I call it “tortoise dead lifts” haha. Something I learned from Kenan (you tube reptile guy if you don’t know if him). Soon I will stop and get one of those cool wheel barrels that you can tip for them to get in and out.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
I have given up on hay. I cut it real small and added it to her foods and she refused to eat any that had hay touching it!
I gave up too!! I feel your pain. And then just the other day we got some real good Orchard for the horses, but of course they were boycotting it because there was no alfalfa mixed in! So I thought.. maybe Koopa? I brought her some and she started chowing down!!!! I was shocked and very excited! But that was short lived cuz she hasn’t touched it since.....?‍♀️