Know any good iguana breeders?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yea I know they’re kinda terrible to keep now[emoji28] when I made this post I just knew their basic care, size, and the fact that they where mostly farm-bred or wild caught and impulse buys.
I didn’t actually realize that there was a big need of homes for unwanted iguanas. So Ill definitely rescue/adopt instead of going to a breeder if I do get one.

I know they’re terrible pets 12 times out of 10, but I just... idk I love them a lot and I want to just take in all the unwanted iguanas people can’t care for anymore and love them forever.

I can’t just be a normal functioning human that likes normal, relatively easy pets. No.
I totally get it. I love them too! I know most of them are mean and want to bite and whip if they are healthy, but they are still such cool lizards. You get one if you want one. I only brought it up to make sure you knew what you were getting in to. You clearly do, so I fully support and encourage you!

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
@Karen S
If you ever visit south Florida. Bring a box.
I don't know if they are as far north as Orlando.
But Palm Beach and south.
They're everywhere.
Yes, we have green iguanas everywhere here in South FL. I had several as pets when I was a kid, which really got me into reptiles in general. It's always tough for me when I see a big iguana trying to dart across a highway and not make it. Ughh.