Kinixys nogueyi Hatching Success

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
After 7 months incubation, the first Kinixys nogueyi has hatched here. It’s a true F2 baby born from captive bred adults, bred here. Will Ahrens, a good friend of ours, placed the group with us for breeding purposes so a big thank you to him for allowing us the opportunity to produce such a remarkable and underrated species.

It was born 5 days ago. 2 photos attached, one of it emerging on Tuesday and the other from today, now fully out of the egg.

We have one other fertile egg due next month judging by this one’s incubation duration.

final.jpgIMG_4970.jpg

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
After 7 months incubation, the first Kinixys nogueyi has hatched here. It’s a true F2 baby born from captive bred adults, bred here. Will Ahrens, a good friend of ours, placed the group with us for breeding purposes so a big thank you to him for allowing us the opportunity to produce such a remarkable and underrated species.

It was born 5 days ago. 2 photos attached, one of it emerging on Tuesday and the other from today, now fully out of the egg.

We have one other fertile egg due next month judging by this one’s incubation duration.

View attachment 244284View attachment 244285
Oh. How beautiful is that little one.[emoji3] Congratulations.

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, Ohio
Chris, very glad that you are working with Will's animals. This is such a great species. I now have a trio of Nogueyi after recently acquiring a male to match up my my females I've kept for 18 and 20 years, respectively. Any help or guidance on your setup, incubation, would be greatly appreciated.

-Tom