Kinixys belliana ?

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
No I don't think so. That's Karol he breeds homeana I think.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Your thinking of Matteo. He has hatched some zombensis.
He's hatched quite a lot of the grassland kinixys actually, but I thought Karol HAD hatched belliana, or maybe it was just nogueyi.
Mathew Knight keeps kbb here, not sure about others in the UK.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Your thinking of Matteo. He has hatched some zombensis.

Yes that's right we wrote some emails . He breeds zombensis.. He also wants to start breeding lobatsiana but he has problems with the eggs..

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I think your beauties are zombensis. Where are you located?
So far I breed nogueyi and homeana, erosa is gravid :) If I manage to organise shipment from East Africa I will let you know guys.

How do you want to do that? Has Poland other regulation in importing zombensis? For us it's illegally to import WC animals of zombensis and to find real F1 farm breed animals is impossible if you haven't got contact in Mozambique or Tanzania..

Nogueyi

5 Year Member
I'm working on it ;-) There are people in tanzania who claim that can have them. Scamers? There is plenty of them. We will see.
I've tried to contact Matteo a few times without success

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
I'm working on it ;-) There are people in tanzania who claim that can have them. Scamers? There is plenty of them. We will see.
I've tried to contact Matteo a few times without success

Let me know! If you can make an import I'll participate myself. Which species you wanna import?
Yes me too and after some time he send me his email address but he only answered one time..

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Let me know! If you can make an import I'll participate myself. Which species you wanna import?
Yes me too and after some time he send me his email address but he only answered one time..
I'll be in Kenya this summer so will try to get some data on belliana, but also see if I can get any contacts regarding this.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes that's right we wrote some emails . He breeds zombensis.. He also wants to start breeding lobatsiana but he has problems with the eggs..
Cool. Lobatsiana require a diapause. Especially Botswana and South African specimens.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
You lucky guy! Be proud of them. I only know one breeder of them and 3 keepers... WC animals are illegally here and to get F1 animals from Africa is impossible..

They are illegal here as well !! But I try to work with any sp ( the rarer type ) I can lay my hands on before it's too late ( when none are coming out of their country of origin ) .

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Very nice group Sam. How long have you had them? If you can keep scooping them up. They're not very commonly kept. Even as juli put it too in Europe.

About a year or so . Will try this year or next . As they are not in the best condition when they arrived me .
Internal and external Parasites beside being feather weight . Will update when there's progress .

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Fantastic. Get em well and best I fortune in success with reproducing them. They are most active early morning and late evening with very moist wet spray downs. Other than that they are lifeless when really warm and dry. But need the variance of wet cool mornings and warm dryer days.
About a year or so . Will try this year or next . As they are not in the best condition when they arrived me .
Internal and external Parasites beside being feather weight . Will update when there's progress .
aic.