Kinixys belliana nogueyi

Stan Gabby

Location (City and/or State)
Accra Ghana
Hi everyone please any help, my kinixys belliana nogueyi do not eat anything I give them apart from cucumber, lettuce and water melon [emoji528]. I give them grass, dandelion, hibiscus leaves and flowers [emoji259] and they wouldn't even touch them any helpIMG_20180430_164708.jpgIMG_20180430_164528.jpgIMG_20180430_164617.jpgIMG_20180430_164716.jpgIMG_20180430_164734.jpgIMG_20180426_180927.jpg

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hi. Hingebacks are omnivorous. Try adding some insects to their diet as well as safe mushrooms.
Slugs, snails, crickets, worms.

To try and get more greens into them try chopping it up really fine and then mashing it up with the cucumber or melon.

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Akron, Ohio
These are recently wild caught specimens, correct? Are they drinking for you? What kind of enclosure are you keeping them in? Outside or inside? Do they have plenty of hiding spots?

Stan Gabby

Accra Ghana
Hi. Hingebacks are omnivorous. Try adding some insects to their diet as well as safe mushrooms.
Slugs, snails, crickets, worms.

To try and get more greens into them try chopping it up really fine and then mashing it up with the cucumber or melon.
Thanks so much I'll do that

Stan Gabby

Accra Ghana
These are recently wild caught specimens, correct? Are they drinking for you? What kind of enclosure are you keeping them in? Outside or inside? Do they have plenty of hiding spots?
Sure they are wild caught, I've not seen them drinking but I soak them almost everyday, I keep them in an outside enclosure and I have two hiding places for them

Bambam1989

East Texas
Sure they are wild caught, I've not seen them drinking but I soak them almost everyday, I keep them in an outside enclosure and I have two hiding places for them
You might add a few more hides. The more areas that they have to feel safe the more active they will be. Lots of plants in the enclosure will also help them feel comfortable. They may even self forage on the plants and critters that are drawn in.

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Akron, Ohio
Enjoy these animals! Do many people keep these as pets where you live? Also, if you haven't seen it, Google "Kinixys blueprint" to find David Mifsud's monograph about this group. There's a wealth of information that will help you!