King snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I know that it is against the law to release a captive tortoise and I understand why. What about a captive Ca. King Snake. I am thinking about buying one from CL to release in my yard. Could that bring desease to the other wild animals? I have had lots of snakes in my yard, but no kings. I have seen them in the streets but I could use one in my yard. I don't like rattlers and there are a lot of rodents where I live. My next door nieghbor has owls, but the rodent are still very abundent. Thoughts?????

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
There are very few animals that should be released into the wild after having been in captivity- some would argue that no captives should be released. Let someone else buy the snake on craigslist and give it a good home. You won't be doing it any favors by letting it go free. More likely than not you'd just be releasing it into your yard to have one of your neighbors chop it up with a shovel because it came up to them hoping to get a meal.

Sigmar

5 Year Member
trust me he isnt going to stay in your yard and as chairman stated someone will probably kill it on sight

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I believe that is is illegal to release any non native animal in calif. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.