Keeping tortoises together

Location (City and/or State)
sc
Hi, I was just wandering if you should keep 2 large leopard tortoise with 2 small leopard tortoises because there's this youtuber called johnny tortoise an he does that. I don't think you should do that because they will bully and trample on the little ones.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anybody can put up a video if they know how. Doesn't mean they have correct knowledge of their subject matter. I would never keep a larger tortoise with a smaller one.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
To risky to keep different sizes together. But some people have to learn the hard way.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Leopard tortoises are usually peaceful with each other, but its still a good idea to keep similarly sized tortoises together.

sc
Ok, I just got nebulae for the little baby's in his videos but they seem like they don't have any marks of wounds,thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I just got nebulae for the little baby's in his videos but they seem like they don't have any marks of wounds,thanks.
I don't think you have to worry about "wounds." What happens is the larger tortoises just bulldoze their way past the smaller ones, knocking them over, maybe upside down. If not righted they could die that way.