Keeping the tortoise warm at night

Dipa

Location (City and/or State)
Mahesana,Gujarat,India
Hi
I have a indian star tortoise and he needs to be warm during the night time.
I dont have proper enclosure right now and i need to keep him warm.
Some said to put on a bulb so he can get heat.
But someone said that he needs darkness during the night..
What i can do?
I manage to give him box with food , water and the substract.
What should i do?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
I saw that heater pads are not useful for the tortoise.
and where i live there are no availability of the heat emitter so i have to ship it or find it is so difficult.
is he really need the darkness?
if the darkness is necessary so i can put him in blanket if it is good for him..

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I saw that heater pads are not useful for the tortoise.
and where i live there are no availability of the heat emitter so i have to ship it or find it is so difficult.
is he really need the darkness?
if the darkness is necessary so i can put him in blanket if it is good for him..

From what I have read and learned, it is best to provide a period of dark (but warm).

These are cold blooded reptiles, a blanket won’t work, and heating pads aren’t recommended.

Maybe you can take some pix of your current setup, tort, etc. and you will get some ideas from others in your area.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
From what I have read and learned, it is best to provide a period of dark (but warm).

These are cold blooded reptiles, a blanket won’t work, and heating pads aren’t recommended.

Maybe you can take some pix of your current setup, tort, etc. and you will get some ideas from others in your area.
Ok but i dont think there are other owners are in my area
but thnx for a help

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most important now is to keep him warm day and night. Don't use a blanket but as you said in the p.m. There is a dark side and he went there. That's fine for now but try to get the heat and bulbs I pictured for you. Heat is more important then the darkness at night.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Most important now is to keep him warm day and night. Don't use a blanket but as you said in the p.m. There is a dark side and he went there. That's fine for now but try to get the heat and bulbs I pictured for you. Heat is more important then the darkness at night.

Agree...keeping the correct night heat is very important.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
K i will try to get it asap