• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
should i delete this forum or not?
debate the pros/cons here

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RE: keep this forum alive?

Why are you thinking about deleting it? Are you thinking there is no need for it? Is it because there are few threads in it? Of course the thread and post counts might be low, but looks like lots of people do read the threads.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RE: keep this forum alive?

I think he is meaning the forum of "Tortoise related items", not the entire forum. Is that right Josh?

Had to admit my first thought reading the title was he meant the entire forum. Then I realized that when you go to the box with the subheading "Other Tortoise Topics", the topics inside are listed as forums also. I realized he just meant the topic of "Tortoise Related Items" being deleted. At least that is what I decided on.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i have no intention of getting rid of the site! i anxiously check to see how many new folks have joined everyday.
it was a little misleading but i was referring to the tortoise related products forum. do you guys think it has potential or is it too specific of a topic? im just concerned about the lack of threads

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well, when you think about it... How many things are made just for torts? And even then; what things that could not be talked about in the food, or tort home area? Perhaps not a must have area...

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
There really is no need for this forum most of the ratings could go in Feed or the Incloser forum.Im voteing to delete it it'll just add cluter.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I voted to keep this forum. To me it's nice having this zone. I don't see where it takes up any more space...except for the first major line under Other Tortoise Topics where the line reads "Tortoise Related Products". Until you click on that spot, you just have one line taken up. It's not like we have way too many thread zones already.

I visualize us perhaps talking about UV lights in the Enclosure area, but in here we could ask which one do you really like? Or does anyone use Brand X lights? This to me, this thread zone is for more fine tuning our questions on very specific items. Not perhaps a must have zone, but it's a nice one to have.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Hi josh, you should keep this forum...
its great for asking questions about products for tortoises such as hides, lighting, heating and so forth.

Keep it =D

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You should keep it that way people only have to go to one spot to ask about equipment or supplies. Yes you have a enclosure section, but most of the time you find pictures or questions related to building an enclosure. As far as the food section that is for food questions I would think, like what is good for this tort or what type of plants can I plant. I vote to keep it, is it really taking up that much space? Also people can go to that thread to look for answers to questions they have, if they have to go to multiple threads you might get a lot of repeats, especially as the forum grows.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I like this forum! I was hoping to find kind of a running list from those new and those in the know of what they like, why, where they found it and what they paid etc. Also what does NOT work and why.

Especially things like bulbs (always looking for the most ideal bulb), meds, set ups...etc. It is great to see what everyone has.

For example I just received the XL shallow food and water bowl and the XL turtle hut from reptilesupply.com (love that website). I have a little Greek. He could host a party in the hut and the water dish takes up almost the entire wodth of the enclosure, together in his set up there would be little room for him to walk about. The items are fantastic (i should have measured everything out first:shy:) so I guess I will need to build him a bigger home:D

L

lynncharlene

I am just now getting started with torts. I shall soon have 4 hermanns babies. I need this forum to know what the heck works and what doesn't. I am just going to begin my enclosure in the morning so information is priceless.:D

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I Think you should combine "enclosures" with "tortoise related products. There aren't many tortoise related products as stated. Just to help keep things uncluttered.Just my opinion.

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
to be honest, I just signed up the other day, and didnt even notice there was a forum specificly for equipment..
I posted questions etc relating to equipment in the other forums..

so from a new user perspective , perhapse its not that needed.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
You read my mind by topping this thread. I was just thinking about consolidating this forum with the Enclosures forum to free up some space on the main index for new forums.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I say keep it. It is useful for introducing and discussing pros and cons of various products.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
What if there was a "Tortoise Enclosures & Equipment" forum to replace both this forum and the current enclosures forum?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
When they are both related to husbandry, so imo that would work. Or you could set it up like classifieds, and call it husbandry and put enclosures, products, and food, all under that one in there own sub forums. That would free up 2 spots. :)
:

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
jenrell23 said:
When they are both related to husbandry, so imo that would work. Or you could set it up like classifieds, and call it husbandry and put enclosures, products, and food, all under that one in there own sub forums. That would free up 2 spots. :)
:

Great Idea Jen.
Josh, perhaps we could have someone who simply sets things in their place; i.e. If someone mentiones in a thread about specific lighting have someone who reads the threads and sets them up so Under lighting would be a link to that thread or have the tread moved. Am I making any sense?

pealow

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Please keep it going. I have read every post and the info obtained is very valuable. Other people's experiences with tort products help me in making my decisions regarding proper husbandry.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.