Kapidolo Farms Review

Trinh

Approximately a month ago, I acted as the middle man between Will and a friend of mine who was new to tortoises. We bought a leopard tortoise from Will of Kapidolo Farms, and the entire transaction went smoothly. Will kept us up to date with the process, including tracking the tortoise himself. A delay came up with the post office, and Will immediately called me to make sure I was also aware of the situation. Despite this, the tortoise came on time, packed safely and neatly in moist sphagnum moss. The hatching was also active, had an extremely smooth shell, bright-eyed, and eating out of the box. I'm not at all surprised that the hatchling was so healthy considering the level of care Will puts into tortoise keeping, as well as the knowledge he draws from.

Will is also one breeder who keeps his hatchlings in a hot and humid, closed chambered environment, which I highly advocate. I would not hesitate to buy from Will if I were a first time buyer, and I'm sure I'll end up doing business with him again.

Kapidolo Farms Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KapidoloFarms/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

CarneAsada

Location (City and/or State)
Midwest
I just ordered and received an Indian star tortoise from Will, truly a stress free process! Will is super knowledgeable and was willing to answer all of my questions, he made delivery date changes quickly and always responded promptly. I would hands down recommend him to anyone in search of their next tort. I will most certainly be in touch when I add to the group.

SPILL

Illinois
I received my first order of food supply from Kapidolo yesterday. Quick turn around time and everything was exactly as described. I try to buy local but his prices can't be beat. He even threw in a couple extra sample items. I really like the way he puts feeding tips on the bags for each individual item. Will surely be ordering again in the future.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I also have received food items from @Kapidolo Farms . I had never previously used dried food items as a garnish or top dressing for my fresh food, but when I added the rose petals from Will, you could almost see the tortoises smiling!

ShirleyTX

Canyon Lake TX USA
Food items from Kapidolo Farms can't be beat. Fresh, uniformly processed, aromatic, and packed with instructions on how to feed. Great source for dried plants!!!

Reactions: Ink

dovelett15

10 Year Member!
I recently introduced PM layer crumbles as an alternative to Mazuri ( original formulation) on the greens for my Egyptian tortoises and they devoured all their food. Interestingly, they did not sniff the food first before trying it but went right to it and started to eat. I have also used the crumbles along with Echineacha loose leaf ( also from Kapidolo Farm) first moistened in Hibiscus water and both the adults and juveniles relish it.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Thanks for the comments Martha.

The PM layer crumbles are a good alternative to the original Mazuri... 1) fully organic, so also non-GMO, 2) the same basic source materials as original Mazuri, but a much higher proportion of calcium, enough to support a hen laying an egg a day, with corresponding D3. 3) already in a crumble shape/piece size so readily consumable. 4) the crumbles easily absorb the soak water from hibiscus, cactus chips, and/or rose hips so they can be flavored and colored to increase day-to-day variety in the diet.

Kay Booth, author of Forty years with tortoises used layers crumbles with multiple generations of California Desert tortoises. It's now been used in one collection or another for well over 60 years.

If you like first person narrative non-fiction you might enjoy reading her book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XQZ0PM/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I recently introduced PM layer crumbles as an alternative to Mazuri ( original formulation) on the greens for my Egyptian tortoises and they devoured all their food. Interestingly, they did not sniff the food first before trying it but went right to it and started to eat. I have also used the crumbles along with Echineacha loose leaf ( also from Kapidolo Farm) first moistened in Hibiscus water and both the adults and juveniles relish it.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I just recieved my order of assorted foods for my baby. He / she immediately rushed over to smell whatever I was checking out. Hey these rose flowers smell good to me too! Really adds a splash of color. I will definitely order more varieties of flowers in the future! I just cannot believe someone would make such great tortoise food!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My Leopard and Hermanns love their food. I use a variety each day. Thank you. Will also answered all my questions about the food and preparing it. He recommended food that would work for all of them, since it was my first purchase. Then I bought alot more and I have 3 happy tortoises which makes me happy. Thank you