Kang and Rue

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Okay I decided to change some things a little bit more in the interest of always improving the quality of life for my little babies. I have noticed that since Harry is the smaller of the group he tends to eat a little later than the other three. So keeping in mind the options of creating barriers, I put a barrier around the one feeding slate and after their soaks put Harry on the one side and Rue, Kang and Clark on the other side. Harry seems to prefer this arrangement because by the time any of the others wonder over to his side he has had enough and gone to sleep. They are all able to eat at either slab but this way they can choose which side. 20180605_190344.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I do have a question if anybody can give me some insight please feel free to do so. I always appreciate any info. Rue is the first baby I have raised and seems to be following the parents with having a higher dome/shell. However I have noticed that Kang's shell is smoother (obviously from better care) but is more on the flat side. Clark and Harry I am not so sure about yet, I think they need to get a little bigger before I can see which way they are leaning towards. But what I am interested in, is why the difference when all 4 have come from the same parents? What makes one grow a higher round shell compared to the other one a flatter shell?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
They are so cute. Harry probably feels like he is king of the castle now!
Lol. More than likely. He does go over to the other side as well but this way he gets first dibs in the evening.
Edit:
Besides they get added exercise as they have to walk around each time to eat at either slate. [emoji6]

Last edited:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario