Kameya Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameya

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
My wife had surprised me when she decided to buy me a pair of Ornate Wood Turtles as our anniversary present when we had our usual hangout at one of the local reptile shop...she knows I had always looked out for the wood turtles, but I tried to wait until the end of this year before I actually get them so I can have another habitat built prior their arrival.

Anyway, we picked the two that have the best looking shell patterns from the herd...
wood-turtles-2011-01.jpg

Since I had used up most of the available land in my backyard for other habiatats, I needed to think of something quick and easy to built for the two new comers...
wood-turtles-2011-02.jpg

I borrowed a piece of the land from the Kameya Villa, and built an extension wall off from the shelter...
wood-turtles-2011-04.jpg

Wood Turtle's hiding place...
wood-turtles-2011-05.jpg

wood-turtles-2011-06.jpg

Swimming area...
wood-turtles-2011-07.jpg

and some land area...
wood-turtles-2011-08.jpg

Now it's time to get the two little ones to move into their new woods...
wood-turtles-2011-09.jpg

They seemed to be pretty happy about their new dwelling...
wood-turtles-2011-10.jpg

wood-turtles-2011-11.jpg

This is the one with higher carapace...we named it "Zion"...
wood-turtles-2011-15.jpg

wood-turtles-2011-16.jpg

wood-turtles-2011-17.jpg

and this is the one with flatter carapace...we named it "Bryce"...
wood-turtles-2011-22.jpg

wood-turtles-2011-20.jpg

wood-turtles-2011-25.jpg

...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................

After a couple day of observation, Bryce and Zion have spent most of the day in their hiding place, and only come out in the early morning and early evening...I don't see them in the water much, but they do go into the water once a while. I give them frozen crickets, snails, and box turtle feeds every other day, and they do go search their own food in the woods as well. Since I only had them for two weeks, and I will provide any new info when I discover something new... ^_^

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Very awesome turtles. I love the colors. You do such great work even in such a short amount of time. I need to hire you soon ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would love to see your enclosures when you actually have time to plan something out. Great coloring on them.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Great enclosure and great looking turtles...I am still waiting to get a suprise like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.