Kameya Box Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameya

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
I've recently accquired three adult-sized eastern box turtles, so it's time for me to setup a new enclosure for the new comers.

Firstable, I had to find a piece of land that I can use for the new enclosure. I cleared out a roughly 30"x60" section of my sweet potato leaves garden to make room for the enclosure.
new-box-garden-2011-01.jpg

This time I went with the PVC pipes to be the main frame of the enclosure...at the time, I only had some coroplast material availble to use as the wall panels, but later I switched it to plywood materials...
new-box-garden-2011-02.jpg

Dropping the new enclosure onto the it's proper spot...
new-box-garden-2011-03.jpg

Adding the underground fence and water dish to the enclosure...
new-box-garden-2011-04.jpg

This is the finished look of the new enclosure, with the securing cover to prevent the box turtles from climbing out...
new-box-garden-2011-05.jpg

Othre accessories were also added to the enclosure...like the feeding tile, nesting sand box, and the hiding shelter...
new-box-garden-2011-06.jpg

Lastly, when I was working on this project, my next-door neighbor was also cutting down a tree on her front yard. So I went over and picked a fallen branch and used it as an obstacle course element for the turtles.
new-box-garden-2011-07.jpg

The turtles are currently living in their new enclosure, and I will post some photos of the box turtles in my next update.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice enclosure, I think you are gonna make people jealous. :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I like the idea of using PVC, what are you using as the walls? Looks like some kind of plastic.

kameya

10 Year Member!
I've uploaded some photos of the box turtles...

I placed them on top of the branch for a group photo...the one on the far right is a male, and the two right behind him are females...
new-box-garden-2011-08.jpg

A few close-up shots of the sharp looking male box...
new-box-garden-2011-09.jpg

new-box-garden-2011-10.jpg

A few close-up shots of the ever outgoing female box...
new-box-garden-2011-11.jpg

new-box-garden-2011-12.jpg

A few close-up shots of the most beautiful but very shy female box...
new-box-garden-2011-13.jpg

new-box-garden-2011-14.jpg

I will just left them alone so they can explore around in their new habitat... ^_^
new-box-garden-2011-15.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
As always a great job. Those are some great Easterns, your going to be having some awesome babies soon.

kameya

10 Year Member!
kimber_lee_314 said:
Beautiful! How are your little ones doing?

The little ones are doing great...they are playing hide-and-seek game with me everyday...I have to look hard for them when I want to get them out to the surface... ^_^

Jacqui said:
As always a great job. Those are some great Easterns, your going to be having some awesome babies soon.

Thanks Jacqui...I definitely hope I will get some babies out of these beautiful parents... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
TortoiseSupply.com