K. belliana

double_4t_32

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, Ohio
I’ve been monitoring these girls that came in and they are doing well so far. I’ve been giving them space but have been interacting to give them warm soaks every third day. Ideally I would soak them daily but I want to cut down on stress and they are gaining weight to this point.

We’re a month in and no issues so far but I do plan to get fecals. I just want them to add more weight, get acclimated, and put on growth rings first.

Attachments

• 1758E09A-CB2F-4572-A0DD-6912E8A23C63.jpeg
    1758E09A-CB2F-4572-A0DD-6912E8A23C63.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • A792E73D-D9FD-497C-BD2E-A6781DD7459D.jpeg
    A792E73D-D9FD-497C-BD2E-A6781DD7459D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I doubt we’ll see them for a long time so I hope these make it
Agreed. Remember these are easterns. So husbandry can be vastly different than western nogyuie. True wet and dry season. Best kept like a pancake. Enjoy spraying but not extreme moisture or saturation. Probably be a good idea to do a sheet for this species since many have come in.

double_4t_32

5 Year Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Agreed. Remember these are easterns. So husbandry can be vastly different than western nogyuie. True wet and dry season. Best kept like a pancake. Enjoy spraying but not extreme moisture or saturation. Probably be a good idea to do a sheet for this species since many have come in.
I’m sure a lot of people would like that and the tortoises would thank you. I would love any tips on this particular species!

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR

Hear, Hear!

double_4t_32

5 Year Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Unfortunately they both crashed in the last two weeks. They were doing well then just died suddenly with no signs of weight loss or loss of appetite. I knew they would be tricky to get established but after five months I had hoped they would be fine. I hope others have better luck with these Kenyan imports. I was hoping we could get a nice breeding group established.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh heck. I'm sorry to hear that.