Juvenile Leopard tortoise croaking

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi, my 2 y/o leopard tortoise is making a croaking noise when he opens his mouth and at random times. He’s had an upper RI previously however, I don’t see any discharge from the nose or around the eyes and there is no other noise except the croaking. He is healthy, eats well is active, soaks regularly and isn’t showing any other signs of illness. His humidity is kept at the correct levels and his temp stays in the 80s. Is this a sign of a lower respiratory infection? Do I need to see a vet?

Thanks in advance!

Michigan
What is the overnight low temp?
Closed chamber?
How are you heating it?
The lowest the night temp gets is probably 79 degrees. My dad is helping me build a closed chamber out of PVC but for now I am working with what I have and doing my best. I heat his tank with CHE, he also has a “basking” bulb and a strip UVB

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The lowest the night temp gets is probably 79 degrees. My dad is helping me build a closed chamber out of PVC but for now I am working with what I have and doing my best. I heat his tank with CHE, he also has a “basking” bulb and a strip UVB
You might want to add a second CHE and bump the temp up to 85 until you get your closed chamber sorted out.