Just wanted to know if my russian is ok?

Location (City and/or State)
Lanzarote
Hi guys just got my russian tortoise 8 days ago and she's been doing really well. She's eating fine, her poop is good and she recently found out how to use her water dish. Just wanted to make sure she is healthy by asking you guys. She is 6 months old and looks like a female to me.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-20210217-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20210217-WA0000.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-20210217-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20210217-WA0003.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 56

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
From what I see shiny shell, good growth, clear eyes and decent claws think it looks good. Please read the care sheet to ensure good quality welfare and ask questions on here if I doubt. Provide heat, light, humidity regular soaks fresh greens inc weeds and good substrate you will be rewarded with health and happiness. Enjoy.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Can you post pictures of your enclosure/setup and provide temp/humidity numbers?

Lanzarote
I mean from the two pictures I'd say yes but there are others far more seasoned then I that could probably give you a better answer. Could you post some pictures of the enclosure?
Right now her enclosure is a bit small but I'm getting a much larger one in a couple of weeks she's got 2 hides, a water dish big enough for her to soak in and a rock in case she wants to clim I've read a lot of care guides and I use cypress mulch

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Also I recently moved to Lanzarote and would love to make an outdoor enclosure but I have 3 boxer dogs and I'm almost certain they would kill her
You're right, dogs and torts don't mix so keep them apart at all costs.
Even small trusted and generally well behaved dogs can get spooked and attack torts or think they are chew toys.
Sadly too many torts have been lost because of dogs.