Just Sheldon

vladimir

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
When you get a chance, post some new pics of him in the new enclosure. We love a Sheldon update around here :)

That reminds me, I need to post some updates. :D

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He hasn't really been acting any different, but I'm sure he misses going outside. If he could speak, I'm sure he would have some choice words about the cold.
Murphy is pissed. Hes been raising hell in his indoor enclosure, and went on a fake hunger strike.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
:rolleyes:Hmm... still no Sheldon picture updates??
So so sorry!! Have had some personal stuff going on with my daughter lately. Have been a nervous wreck. Here are some pictures from today, he is housed in a closed chamber, but I use his tortoise table that is in the picture just for feeding on Mazuri days so it does not get any mold in his enclosure. Also upgraded his soaking tub, to the bathtub (he made a mess!!) As he is now over 18 lb. Sorry again I'm not on very often.20181128_134413.jpeg20181128_134434.jpeg20181128_140837.jpeg20181128_140825.jpeg20181128_140911.jpeg

Jay Bagley

Michigan
He’s looking amazing! I hope Curtis grows to be that smooth... ;)
Thank you so much!! Now that I use a closed chamber I have cut back on the Nature Zone shell saver shell conditioner. I was using once a week, but am now only using once a month. The humidity definitely seems to be doing the trick. Curtis already looks awesome, and with you as his keeper... I'm sure he will continue to grow super smooth.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So so sorry!! Have had some personal stuff going on with my daughter lately. Have been a nervous wreck. Here are some pictures from today, he is housed in a closed chamber, but I use his tortoise table that is in the picture just for feeding on Mazuri days so it does not get any mold in his enclosure. Also upgraded his soaking tub, to the bathtub (he made a mess!!) As he is now over 18 lb. Sorry again I'm not on very often.View attachment 258378View attachment 258379View attachment 258380View attachment 258381View attachment 258382
Jay he is looking good still. I hope that things with your daughter get better.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So glad to see some pics finally! He’s very handsome as always!!! I’m sure you and daughter will reach an understanding.. I have one turning 16 in a few weeks. I’m lucky that she has always been a model child (except this one time I hate to think about) . Being a good parent means stressing, worrying, and all the rest. I bet you have it under control! But I’ll send a prayer out for y’all anyway:)

N

no one

Looking good in his turttleneck!! Lol
I too have a daughter turning 16, in a few months. Hope things get better for the two of you. It is a difficult age. As long as we keep being there for them. And if we care for them like we do for our Torts, everything will be alright.

Nice to see you again, talk to you again Jay. You are one of my favourite people on this forum. *glimlach*
Sorry, bit emotional today...

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Jay he is looking good still. I hope that things with your daughter get better.
Thank you Carol!! I hope so too. I do pop in from time to time, your torts are still looking amazing. I know I'm not as vocal as what I used to be, but I still enjoy the Forum and all the great people on it.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
So glad to see some pics finally! He’s very handsome as always!!! I’m sure you and daughter will reach an understanding.. I have one turning 16 in a few weeks. I’m lucky that she has always been a model child (except this one time I hate to think about) . Being a good parent means stressing, worrying, and all the rest. I bet you have it under control! But I’ll send a prayer out for y’all anyway:)
Thank you EllieMay!! I still enjoy having Sheldon, he has been a blessing. Thank you for your kind words about the situation with my daughter, without saying too much I'm sure we will get through it. I'm sure these are struggles that all divorced parents face from time to time. I enjoyed your shell saver experiment also.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Looking good in his turttleneck!! Lol
I too have a daughter turning 16, in a few months. Hope things get better for the two of you. It is a difficult age. As long as we keep being there for them. And if we care for them like we do for our Torts, everything will be alright.

Nice to see you again, talk to you again Jay. You are one of my favourite people on this forum. *glimlach*
Sorry, bit emotional today...
*debora* Thankyou for your kind words. They honestly made me smile!![emoji5] No need to be sorry for being emotional, for a dude I can be pretty emotional too LOL. I hope everything is okay in your neck of the woods.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thank you Carol!! I hope so too. I do pop in from time to time, your torts are still looking amazing. I know I'm not as vocal as what I used to be, but I still enjoy the Forum and all the great people on it.
As long as you pop in every now and then. We understand that your life comes first. Just don't be a stranger.

N

no one

*debora* Thankyou for your kind words. They honestly made me smile!!
emoji5.png
No need to be sorry for being emotional, for a dude I can be pretty emotional too LOL. I hope everything is okay in your neck of the woods.

Seems like you returned the favor. We will get there...
And for the emotional part, that is why I like you. Lol