Just saw on Craigslist Milwaukee

Lego man

5 Year Member
We have plenty of land and great weather for him but unfortunately we are too far away here in Eastern NC
Here's hope he finds a good home.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Please help this guy if you can. I am not able but he's squeezed in that tiny tank and clearly is in need of better care.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/5858421388.html
This is when you help the tortoise by emailing them and suggesting a proper way for housing, enclosure size, etc and then giving them a link to the forum. Let them know they don't have to join to learn the proper care needed for the tort. Easy, to do, be kind so they will listen. You can even let them know you linked their ad on the forum to help them be able to rehome him. But, don't do nothing, when there is room to do something.

legan52

Chicago
This is when you help the tortoise by emailing them and suggesting a proper way for housing, enclosure size, etc and then giving them a link to the forum. Let them know they don't have to join to learn the proper care needed for the tort. Easy, to do, be kind so they will listen. You can even let them know you linked their ad on the forum to help them be able to rehome him. But, don't do nothing, when there is room to do something.

That's good advice. I considered it, but honestly couldn't imagine someone spending hours and $$$ building a better home for a pet they're trying to get rid of. I hoped someone here might be able to take it in and if nobody responded within a few days I was going to beg my husband to take it on temporarily and see if I could rehome it.

legan52

Chicago
Have answered this ad and will see what can be done.
I am only 75 miles away.
Thanks for letting us know about this post!

Awesome! Please keep us updated, I'd love to hear he got a better home!

legan52

Chicago
Looks like the post was deleted so hopefully they found a new owner!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's good advice. I considered it, but honestly couldn't imagine someone spending hours and $$$ building a better home for a pet they're trying to get rid of. I hoped someone here might be able to take it in and if nobody responded within a few days I was going to beg my husband to take it on temporarily and see if I could rehome it.
Give the info I suggested anyway and always. They probably won't build a new enclosure, but they might make other changes needed and they may have a bigger something they could use as a better enclosure. Also, hopefully they will pass the info on to the new owners and hopefully not sell the enclosure with the tort seeing it's useless anyway.