Just Loving these guys so much!

AzDesert

Location (City and/or State)
metro Phx, AZ
Just wanted to share a pic of my aldabra kids, Bubbles, Littlefoot, and Sam. About 6-7" right now. So excited to have them as part of my family! If anyone sees this from the metro phoenix area, let me know. I have a few questions about how you maintain their outdoor enclosure in our summer heat. Thx! my trio.jpg

AzDesert

metro Phx, AZ
Plenty of water and shade ! That’s what I do for my torts . [emoji217]

awesome! Thank you! I'm in the rural farm area out west of the valley, so hoping to be able to keep them happy and healthy over the summer. Being so young (they are about a year old) I want to be very careful that they don't get overheated. I have shade trees, an enclosure, a large water "tub" for soaking/drinking, and will create a muddy area when it gets hotter. Even considered a small evap cooler for the enclosure! I still soak them daily regardless. (and at night right now they are indoors in a heated enclosure)
if you ever have ideas or suggestions i'm all ears!! :) Gotta keep these babies happy!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
awesome! Thank you! I'm in the rural farm area out west of the valley, so hoping to be able to keep them happy and healthy over the summer. Being so young (they are about a year old) I want to be very careful that they don't get overheated. I have shade trees, an enclosure, a large water "tub" for soaking/drinking, and will create a muddy area when it gets hotter. Even considered a small evap cooler for the enclosure! I still soak them daily regardless. (and at night right now they are indoors in a heated enclosure)
if you ever have ideas or suggestions i'm all ears!! :) Gotta keep these babies happy!
Have you spoken to ALDABRAMAN? He's got a great set up in Florida which I know has a far more humid climate but he may have some ideas for you.

AzDesert

metro Phx, AZ
~ Plenty of shade options for thermal regulation and good hydration.
Hey there! So nice to hear from you! You are the God of Aldabras that is for certain! It is an honor to get a message from you!! I appreciate the info. I tell ya what, I am beyond attached to these 3 little guys and my entire world revolves around them. I will go to the ends of the earth to ensure their health and happiness. So grateful to have guys like you and Sam P. from Florida to guide me in my journey of raising them. (I got them from Sam P,-I think you know him- last month, and I named my 3rd one after him haha!)
Your videos and information is hand-down the best on the planet and I thank you so much.
If it's ok with you, can I contact you on here as time goes, with questions? or do you prefer a different way to contact? I have Sam's phone and email but don't want to bug him too much haha!
Thanks again! Such an honor!
Kristi

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hey there! So nice to hear from you! You are the God of Aldabras that is for certain! It is an honor to get a message from you!! I appreciate the info. I tell ya what, I am beyond attached to these 3 little guys and my entire world revolves around them. I will go to the ends of the earth to ensure their health and happiness. So grateful to have guys like you and Sam P. from Florida to guide me in my journey of raising them. (I got them from Sam P,-I think you know him- last month, and I named my 3rd one after him haha!)
Your videos and information is hand-down the best on the planet and I thank you so much.
If it's ok with you, can I contact you on here as time goes, with questions? or do you prefer a different way to contact? I have Sam's phone and email but don't want to bug him too much haha!
Thanks again! Such an honor!
Kristi

~ Best option is to join our group on FB, many fantastic folks on there that keep aldabras @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/658379514606127/

~ Follow us here, we post video's, pictures and information daily @ https://www.facebook.com/ALDABRAMAN

KateZ

Just wanted to share a pic of my aldabra kids, Bubbles, Littlefoot, and Sam. About 6-7" right now. So excited to have them as part of my family! If anyone sees this from the metro phoenix area, let me know. I have a few questions about how you maintain their outdoor enclosure in our summer heat. Thx! View attachment 269070
Hi,

I also just got an Aldabra and live in Scottsdale. My little guy is just over a year old. I am bringing him inside when temps. Fall below 60 at night. I am wondering how he will do in the dry climate.

Attachments

• 0B6B4F90-7A9F-455E-BC0C-D23156560A4E.jpeg
    0B6B4F90-7A9F-455E-BC0C-D23156560A4E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
2CA5AF2B-DF8C-4292-8FC5-1E726A46E34F.jpeg I have had my aldabra here in Northern California for about a year and a half. It’s really dry here as well In the summer. I have been making sure he has shade options and on days that get hot I use misters during the heat of the day. So far so good he seems to be thriving.