Just got her last night

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
I just picked up this girl(so I was told) last night from a neighbor. She said the tortoise is about 2 yrs old. The pyramiding is pretty bad (she was kept in a gerbil cage). I have her now in a closed chamber enclosure but do you think it’s going to help stop it from getting any worse? Also any advice for a new Leo mom. I have several Russians and a box turtle, but this is my first Leopard and I’m so excited.
IMG_3969.jpgIMG_2012.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes it will help to keep her in high humidity at least until 3 years and then you could switch too a humid hide. She is too young to sex yet.
Take a look at the leopard or sulcata care sheets. They are raised the same.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nice markings. Welcome to the forum

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
She's lovely!
My leopard was about 9 inches long when I first bought it home.
We went to a vet (experienced with reptiles) for a health check who told me I had a female because of the tail, and the plaston wasn't concave enough.
I called her Lola too.
Many months later Lola was proudly showing me that she was in fact a he - not a pretty sight at all!
He's still called Lola - because of the Kinks song!

My Lola has some pyramiding too. He is too big for a closed chamber and I struggle with humidity levels in his room but I do soak him most days and although the pyramiding will always be there it doesn't seem to be any worse.

Welcome to the forum - it's taught me all I know about leopards and torts in general, and after almost 5 years I still learn something new each day.

Last edited:

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I guess I should have introduced myself a little better. I’ve been a member here for years. This is just my first Leopard. I found the forum years ago when I took in my first Russian. You all have helped me so much over the years. Started with a tiny tortoise table and now my heard has a full time outdoor 9x40’ enclosure. Times have changed [emoji847]. My Russians are now breeding, or shall I say did succeed in breeding a baby named Taco... but I keep my male separated and don’t plan to let them breed again. (I’ll run out of room and I can’t part with them [emoji46]) Lola is my big beautiful Russian and the mom to Taco. Love her to pieces... she is the friendliest tort I have ever met and loves sitting with you getting her head rubbed. However, I just can’t stop staring at my new baby Leopard... name tbd but leaning towards Thelma. The neighbor told me she’s been feeding her grass clippings and strawberries [emoji35], she also sold her to me for $40.00 so I’m pretty happy all the way around. This beautiful little girl needs a better life then she had. Can’t wait to watch her grow. More pictures to follow.