Just a little thank you

Beads86

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi all just wanted to post a little thank you for the advice I received after getting my little Clive. I have made some changes to his enclosure and my OH is going mad as something new has been arriving nearly everyday to make him more comfortable. Clive is thriving! He is one greedy tort not only eating what I put in his food dish but also attacking his plants for some extra munch. He is well hydrated, goes to the loo regularly. I’ve got the temp and humidity sorted and am already adapting the build of his new table. He has started to pop his head up and walk over towards me when I go in to see him. Doesn’t hide himself away when I pick him up either. He seems to be a happy and healthy little dude and I love him. I got a little worried when he seemed to be a struggling a little when he was first waking up last week. I saw a couple of bubbles come out his nose and my heart sank. But I’ve changed his dry bedding to orchid bark and got a thermometer that also measures humidity and nothing since.

long gushing post but I’m truly grateful to all the advice. Here is a picture after his strawberry treat (only one and he only ate a quarter of it) where it looks like he has been in some kind of massacre ?
837372DA-E4BB-42EB-825D-46E9EECE96D8.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi all just wanted to post a little thank you for the advice I received after getting my little Clive. I have made some changes to his enclosure and my OH is going mad as something new has been arriving nearly everyday to make him more comfortable. Clive is thriving! He is one greedy tort not only eating what I put in his food dish but also attacking his plants for some extra munch. He is well hydrated, goes to the loo regularly. I’ve got the temp and humidity sorted and am already adapting the build of his new table. He has started to pop his head up and walk over towards me when I go in to see him. Doesn’t hide himself away when I pick him up either. He seems to be a happy and healthy little dude and I love him. I got a little worried when he seemed to be a struggling a little when he was first waking up last week. I saw a couple of bubbles come out his nose and my heart sank. But I’ve changed his dry bedding to orchid bark and got a thermometer that also measures humidity and nothing since.

long gushing post but I’m truly grateful to all the advice. Here is a picture after his strawberry treat (only one and he only ate a quarter of it) where it looks like he has been in some kind of massacre ?
View attachment 323306
Glad we could help. Now please stop feeding him fruit. :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

View attachment 323306
He is adorable.
God bless him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
?? it is a once in a blue moon treat! I promise
But it's really really bad on his gut. I know you really want to give it too him, but you really shouldn't. How about a compromise if you really can't stop.
Take a piece of proper food and squeeze a tiny bit of strawberry juice on it. Only if you truly can't stop yourself.

Beads86

Uk
But it's really really bad on his gut. I know you really want to give it too him, but you really shouldn't. How about a compromise if you really can't stop.
Take a piece of proper food and squeeze a tiny bit of strawberry juice on it. Only if you truly can't stop yourself.
It’s ok. I’ve discovered he loves dandelions more so that’s his new one and our front lawn has loads until it’s mowed. Can I dry them out and save some for him?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It’s ok. I’ve discovered he loves dandelions more so that’s his new one and our front lawn has loads until it’s mowed. Can I dry them out and save some for him?
Yay, very proud of you for ripping the bandaid off lol.
Yes you can dry them for later.