Jurassifruit Food Enhancer Spray Good for Desert Tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Island Greek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island New York
I have a very picky greek tortoise that will barely eat anything other than romaine lettuce. I know how important a balanced diet is and I saw an ad and was wondering if it could help my greek. But I also saw that it is a fruit spray and generally desert tortoises like my greek shouldn't have any fruit. But I have heard this spray works very well when it comes to getting torts to eat their greens. Does anyone know if I can give this to my greek? Thank you for all and any help =)

Attachments

• JurassiFruit.jpg
    JurassiFruit.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 34

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't have any experience with this product, however, I'm THINKING that all it does, really, is to make the healthy greens smell like fruit and so the tortoise eats it. I don't think it would be harmful if it works.

Long Island Greek

5 Year Member
Long Island New York
emysemys said:
I don't have any experience with this product, however, I'm THINKING that all it does, really, is to make the healthy greens smell like fruit and so the tortoise eats it. I don't think it would be harmful if it works.

I truly appreciate it, I researched a little more into this product and there is a very small percentage of actual fruit used within the spray for the natural smell, do you think that the small amount of fruit would be harmful to my greek's diet seeing how normally fruit should not be fed to greek tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.