Jupiter Still Won't Eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
My Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Jupiter, still won't eat. Whenever he sheds, he will stop eating, and I know that is sort of normal. But this time around, he quit eating even after his shed cycle was finished.

We bumped up the humidity in his cage to help with the shedding issues, and he still is active. It's just he won't eat! We offer him pinkies every few days and he just doesn't seem interested.

He's really thin and hasn't eaten for maybe since we started June, so almost a month. Please help. We're getting worried about him. We got him at a Reptile Expo in Kansas City, and the next one is on July 6. We are going to go there and ask the person who we bought him from for advice. But any suggestions until then would really help! Thank you so much in advance.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Does he have a good place to hide? When I had these many years back. They really liked a layer of moss on top of thd substrate, in between that layer they burrowed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

Whats your temps? Maybe a photo of his cage too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
A trick i've used is to place them in a dark box with the pinky, no light, no noise. Try it over night and see if you get results. Sometimes you have to make an incision in the pinky to get some scent out and see if that works. Of course that's on a prekilled pinky, not a live one obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.