Location (City and/or State)
Acworth, GA

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I use both. I've been using the Zilla style for about 10 years (Used to be called "A Life"…) and only one out of 12 of them has gone bad on me in all those years. I've been using the Hydorfarm ones for a couple of years now, and no problems to report yet. The Hydrofarm ones are digitally controlled and have a more stout feel to them with heavier wires and such. All things considered, I prefer the Hydrofarm ones now. When it is time to buy more, that is what I'll buy, but both work and both have proven reliable indoors, outdoors and with every conceivable kind of electrical heating or lighting device and fans hooked up to them.

I put them in a ziplock baggie and run the wires out the bottom of the baggie to keep the electronics cleaner and free of dust. This might be one reason why I don't ever have issues with them.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i have both and hydrofarm without a doubt. i just like it better. it's also helps that they're cheaper then the zilla lol

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
Thank you both. I think I'm going with the Hydrofarm. Just wanted the backup on that decision. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
i've had mine for a while at least 3-4 years i got it before i became aware of lllreptiles at the local pet store lol explains why it's more

Oh no!!! You went to a Pet Store for your pet supplies??? What were you thinking??? :p:p:p