Jill has reached 800g

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Remember little Jill? She was just under 400g when I got her, 4.5 years ago. She just passed 800g.
20160407_142209_zpsiogyv4rl.jpg

Jill has the best tortoise personality. When I'm gardening the tortoise area, she follows me all around, and climbs onto my foot. I always make sure to have a few succulent leaves ready for her.
I can't wait to breed her in a few years... I'm waiting for her to pass 1000g first.

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
What size is her carpace? Just wondering. Ive an adult russian who stopped eating and lost weight. Trying to figure out how big a healthy russian adult should be?

Crzt4torts

5 Year Member
Northeastern US
Remember little Jill? She was just under 400g when I got her, 4.5 years ago. She just passed 800g.
20160407_142209_zpsiogyv4rl.jpg

Jill has the best tortoise personality. When I'm gardening the tortoise area, she follows me all around, and climbs onto my foot. I always make sure to have a few succulent leaves ready for her.
I can't wait to breed her in a few years... I'm waiting for her to pass 1000g first.
My Anastasia is maybe 18 - 20 years, I've had her 12 years, and I am assuming she was wild caught. Guessing she's was at least 5 years old...
When I got her she weighed 838 gms. I did not measure her at the time sadly, I think she was about 4.5 inches, but do not truly know.

She now weighs 970 gms, measures 6.5 inches x 5 inches.
She has had 3 egg laying seasons, a few clutches laid each season.
Had our first successful hatchlings come this March .

Crzt4torts

5 Year Member
Northeastern US
Mine d
Her SCL measurement is 5.75"
D same, stopped eating, decreases activity, weight loss.
Turned out she was egg-bound.
I would think if yours is suddenly losing weight, if significant, and if inceased soaks, correct lighting tines and temps, then perhaps Vet visit is in order to see what may be troubling her. Could be a variety of causes.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Wow, i didn't realize Russians get to 1000 grams. I thought more like the size of box turtles!