Jenny Needs a New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinB

5 Year Member
Hello all,

It's been a few months since I've been on here, and since I'm back at college my brother's Homes Hingeback is back to being fed once every few days, kept at no humidity and without soaking except when I beg them, and while she is in a bigger tub it is too shallow and almost completely empty save one small log hide and a reasonably sized water bowl that I imagine has not been cleaned in weeks. It's time to just find her a better place to live.

I think I would rather her go to a responsible keeper if anyone is interested in helping us out, although I'll be looking into rescue organizations as well. Does anyone have any advice or interest? She is in Chicagoland and I am near Cleveland area for school, I could drive her a little ways from either location or anywhere in between.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me such wonderful advice on my first thread! I really wish this could have worked out, but my brother is gong to college next year anyway and I just can't imagine how we could possibly keep her in my family. She's a total sweetheart, super friendly despite all she's been through, and she deserves way better than this.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:( I know when you first started coming in here and caring for Jenny, you had said at some point you would be giving her up. With all the time, expense and love you put into improving her life, I had really hoped things would work out and she would stay with you. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She couldn't go to a better home than what Jacqui could offer her...hint...hint.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I agree jacqui would be the best choice IMHO.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Okay guys, now how much did we agree on for you to say something nice about me?

ErinB

5 Year Member
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm sorry I kind of posted and then disappeared again. I was up half the night Thursday worrying about the poor tort, but then I had a very stressful weekend back and school and I was expecting to get emails for replies so this slipped my mind. I will be replying to PMs right now. Jacqui was also the first person I was hoping would be able to help me out - hopefully we can work something out!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
ErinB said:
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm sorry I kind of posted and then disappeared again. I was up half the night Thursday worrying about the poor tort, but then I had a very stressful weekend back and school and I was expecting to get emails for replies so this slipped my mind. I will be replying to PMs right now. Jacqui was also the first person I was hoping would be able to help me out - hopefully we can work something out!

Just want to "LIKE" this!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Has Jenny found a home yet ?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Jacqui, you are the best!

And ErinB, good for you to care so much even when you are away and busy.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Erin is the amazing one here I agree, she really spent a lot of time and money improving this tortoise's life.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Am I the only one who thinks of forest gump when I hear the name jenny? " Jennnnnny"

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I just got off the phone with Jeff and because it took so long for them to load him today, he went from going near to where Jenny lives at an too early time to one that seems to be workable with her family. So it sounds like he will be picking her up in the morning and tomorrow night I will be meeting him to take her the rest of the way home. I am looking forward to meeting her in person and getting to know her. I am so thankful for Erin giving me this chance and for her parents for helping to make the meet with my husband possible.

ErinB

5 Year Member
Sorry I've been MIA again! One of my rats had a tumor so I let my mom work out the details on this while I worried about her surgery. Thanks everyone for all of the amazing support. I can't wait to see Jenny get her health back and thrive in Jacqui's care.

Her name was kind of a joke, actually - my brother couldn't think of a name for her, and when I complained that she didn't have one he replied "she doesn't care if we call her tortoise or if we call her Jenny!" since Jenny is just such a non-tortoise sounding human name. I just said well fine, then we'll call her Jenny, and it stuck haha

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ErinB said:
Sorry I've been MIA again! One of my rats had a tumor so I let my mom work out the details on this while I worried about her surgery.

How is the rat doing?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Talked to Jeff, it's official she is in the semitruck working her way here!

Status
Not open for further replies.