JBL microcalcium

Glosseryck

Location (City and/or State)
MALMKÖPING
Hello, have any of you tried the JBL brand calcium for your torts and do you recommend it? I've tried sepia bone but my little guy refuses to eat it, even if I crush it and put on his food. I've heard good things about the JBL calcium but only from people with lizards. On the website it says that it's suitable for all reptiles so it should work... Right? Either way, if any of you have calcium powder recommendations please let me know. My little guy needs it, since he's been growing recently (it makes me so happy because he was stunted in growth so I'm gaining some hope!).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have never heard of any of the calcium options being bad. Some people use tums.
Be sure to only give a very small pinch 2 or 3 times a week. To much is as bad as too little.

Glosseryck

MALMKÖPING
I have never heard of any of the calcium options being bad. Some people use tums.
Be sure to only give a very small pinch 2 or 3 times a week. To much is as bad as too little.
Thank you so much. Yes, I'm planning on giving it once every two or three days. Right now I'm tricking him into taking a bite of the sepia bone every two or three days but he's always grumpy after... Thanks again for the comment!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what the sepia bone is but if you can scrape it and have powder or small pieces come off onto his food that would work.

Glosseryck

MALMKÖPING
I don't know what the sepia bone is but if you can scrape it and have powder or small pieces come off onto his food that would work.
I've tried that, but he hates the taste.
I think it's called cuttlebone in some places? Either way he hates it and always buries it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, have any of you tried the JBL brand calcium for your torts and do you recommend it? I've tried sepia bone but my little guy refuses to eat it, even if I crush it and put on his food. I've heard good things about the JBL calcium but only from people with lizards. On the website it says that it's suitable for all reptiles so it should work... Right? Either way, if any of you have calcium powder recommendations please let me know. My little guy needs it, since he's been growing recently (it makes me so happy because he was stunted in growth so I'm gaining some hope!).
I don't know the JBL brand, but if its safe for lizards, it is fine for tortoises too.