jabbering on about my RT's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Since I just can't get enough of them, and most of my friends at home don't really care to hear about them all the time! (ROFL)

First updated Tortie pics!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=1nwwghbf.3v7uzt6v&x=0&y=ch2gil

The first group is the big girls (Varda, Calypso "Lips", & Mithril - at 6.5", 6" & 5.5" respectively) and their boy toy Roland (just a nick about 5"). Mithril is the most outgoing of ALL of the tortoises! I also feel that she has the most perfect shell - in the best condition, and gorgeous! Mithril charges at our hands, assuming food is in them! You can walk in the room and wave, and she'll come running! She is 100% food driven, and she is the reason I can no longer just dump all of the food in one pile for everyone... she claims the pile as her own and will bite anyone that comes near! When I feed them, she gets her food first, then I have to lay the others' food down quietly 'cause if she hears, she'll come charging for their food, too! ROFL! Lips and Varda are very laid back! Lips is the lightest colored tort and Varda is our biggest tort - both will eat out of my hand (without nibbling my fingers like Mithril does!). Roland, the boy, is a chow hound, and LOVES to run around and around and around! He's the most energetic of all of the torts! He can do laps around his enclosure for literally hours on end!

The second group is the little girls (Carmine & Elentari - both at about 4.25" but Carmy is much wider than El), and their boy toy Hurley (who is a bit bigger than 4.5". Carmine is my favorite of all of the tortoises (and she was my first)! She is VERY friendly and very curious! Hurley still isn't comfortable here yet - he's the newest - but at least he's eating, so that's good! He and Carmine are little love birds!!! El is very sweet, but not as bold as Carmine. I think Hurley is the ugliest of all the torts we have! LOL!

Lastly is Billy, who is all alone right now. Billy is getting braver by the day and actually crawled onto my hand (and took a nibble) yesterday! We're not sure if he's 100% healthy yet, tho, so right now I consider him our most fragile! The goal is to move one of the big girls (likely Mithril) in with him once he is healthy... hopefully this spring!

That's all! I love talking about my torts! I especially love to sit and watch them eat! And I love how different their personalities are!!!

Okay you can ignore me now! :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
;) Okay I am ignoring you.....:p

That's ok just keep on sharing with us. It's nice seeing somebody so happy and caught up in their torts. It's nice to hear the simple pleasures, not just a post with a question or six. :D I think sometimes we worry so much and get so caught up in the little things of making their lives "perfect" that we forget to take time for the fun things with them.

They are such a big part of our lives, but most "outsiders" don't understand that. They fail to see what can be so great about a.... a.... a reptile (said in a very grossed out voice).:D That's one of the good things about places like this, we understand what your feeling. We love seeing the pictures of your torts, like most folks like seeing cute child pictures.

Oh wait. I am suppose to be ignoring you aren't I? *walks away whistling*

:D:D

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
I feel the same way!! It is crazy that I have no one here at home to share just how cool these guys are..I LOVE THEM!! I am so happy to have found a place where others think torts are cool too!!:p
Thank you for sharing!!:D Keep it up!!;)

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
I love reading your posts about your kids and your torts. Keep the pics coming. I also love the fact that this is a group of tort like minded people and we can share about our pets. My torts are part of my family.
No ignoring ya, [/i]here:cool:

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Looks like the big many tail Hurley is settling in better now?

Your torts looks great and so do their setups.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL Yep, Anja, a little better! He's eating now! He still doesn't stay "out" very much, though! (And I put that in there about the tails for some of my friends who were asking how you tell the gender and were awed at the thought of their tail being the equivelant of... other things... ROFL!!!)

Thanks, everyone!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
cvalda said:
LOL Yep, Anja, a little better! He's eating now! He still doesn't stay "out" very much, though! (And I put that in there about the tails for some of my friends who were asking how you tell the gender and were awed at the thought of their tail being the equivelant of... other things... ROFL!!!)

Thanks, everyone!

I thought that was too cute!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL! Well if you think about it, what man wouldn't want his... er... manliness to be as long as his leg?!?! :p

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
cvalda said:
LOL! Well if you think about it, what man wouldn't want his... er... manliness to be as long as his leg?!?! :p

Yeh, but then men.....well......
Kelly I loved the pics each and everyone of them. and I love hearing about your family all of them two legged and four. Keep the updates and pics coming.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
cvalda said:
That's all! I love talking about my torts! I especially love to sit and watch them eat! And I love how different their personalities are!!!

Okay you can ignore me now! :p

Super fun pics and comments:D Can't ignore ya...your group is too fun and you obviously adore them;)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pics! I know how it is too! My family says I am obsessed. Could have worse obsessions than this! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.