IVORY SULCATA: Aladar settles in for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
After a HUGE breakfast, Aladar makes final preps before 'kicking it' for the next few hours! I set out 5 lbs of Tortoise Lasagne for Aladar and the 4 juveniles...but Aladar got it ALL! He then proceeded to cruise the yard chomping down huge mouthfuls of grass...AMAZING! He is right at 23" and a hair under 60 lbs! ENJOY!

1z65qut.jpg

2im3peb.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Big pig! In the second picture it looks like he's roaring at the fly on his shoulder to get off.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
emysemys said:
Big pig! In the second picture it looks like he's roaring at the fly on his shoulder to get off.

I know! I was gonna give that shot its own thread and call it HELP ME!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I often say that Taco is my little dinosaur.

Aladar is without a doubt your T-Rex. :p

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
How old is he? I'm a newb still but obviously loving his pictures like everyone else.
I love his little eye turned back as he "roars" at the fly, haha.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Fabulous close-ups! What a unique "little" guy ;)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
"Ah yes, this magnificent creature has a unique mating ritual, first he looks around, trying to lock in on a lucky mate---then throws his head back and with a giant breath.....HEEEEEYYYYYYYY----it is so effective, species of all kinds flock to be near him, to touch him.....shhhhhhh, lets back away quietly, we do not want to become the target of his affections-- these giants are fast...."

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
"Ah yes, this magnificent creature has a unique mating ritual, first he looks around, trying to lock in on a lucky mate---then throws his head back and with a giant breath.....HEEEEEYYYYYYYY----it is so effective, species of all kinds flock to be near him, to touch him.....shhhhhhh, lets back away quietly, we do not want to become the target of his affections-- these giants are fast...."

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-IVORY-SULCATA-Aladar-settles-in-for-the-day?page=2#ixzz23jQarUIG

Ha Ha Ha! That is too funny! I had to laugh while I read that. :)
Love the pics. They are great!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
ascott said:

Classic! I've missed your Steve Irwin narrations...and I almost missed this one, too! Thanks Angela!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.