I've Got Wood Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
No wonder they don't want to leave the water, probably the most they have seen in years, lol. They have to be loving all that you have done for them.

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
se michigan
sorry it took me a few to get back to this post when i check the "subscribe to this thread" i get an error message that being said, i dont feed dash in the water when shes inside just to cut down on the stinky tank thing,theres no pump or filter yet +i like to watch them eat. outside i put the dehydrated river shrimp & live worms in the water for her she chows down no problem. she loves to burrow to where you cant see her. i have that compressed moss stuff in the tank on 1 end and i think its a mix of the coconut stuff and some hardwood mulch (in pic) i am very impressed by the colors yours have, as you can see dash is rather dark wondering if its diet related

sniffin butt
312.jpg

playing wheres the cricket
304.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
They look 100 percent better, and that is a huge tank, where did you get one like that? and what was it's cost? to bad they are both males, I think you would had a lot of buyers on here if you produced any hatchlings, but gratz on getting them they look great.

travisgn

5 Year Member
Thanks again everybody for the info, suggestions, and interest.

They are doing great now. Their appetite has returned. The first day they ate they did so with gusto, grabbing pieces of apple and running around with them in their mouths.

i am very impressed by the colors yours have, as you can see dash is rather dark wondering if its diet related

I would think that it is sex related, with males being more brightly colored.

They look 100 percent better, and that is a huge tank, where did you get one like that? and what was it's cost?

The tank came with them from the previous owners. They got it with the turtles too, but somewhere along the line someone built it out of plexi. I don't know what it would cost to build one new. I paid $80 for the turtles and the tank (and they included two light fixtures, a bunch of slate, and calcium) so I got a pretty good deal. I then paid $10 for a caulk gun and a a tube of silicone because the tank needed to be taken apart, cleaned, and resealed. So overall I don't have too much into this. The tank is roughly the same size as a 100 gallon aquarium.

to bad they are both males, I think you would had a lot of buyers on here if you produced any hatchlings

There have been subtle signs of aggression with them, so they may need to be separated at some point. If that happens, I think I would have to let one go instead of putting together another enclosure. So, form a line. :p

Or maybe jersey and I can get ours together and produce some hatchlings.

Travis

travisgn

5 Year Member
Alright, you're first in line. Or maybe I'll hold an auction...:p

I hope it doesn't come to that, of course.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
LOL!

I hope it works out. Your tank is big enough there shouldn't be too many problems - try adding more sight barriers and see if that helps.

TMG ISLAND3R

5 Year Member
Very nice woods. Im a newbie but someday I am going to have quite a selection. I cant wait to be able to post pics myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.