Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Here's the add.....

can someone tell me the subspecies? I have emailed her today, so I will see if when she gets back to me, if I can get a couple more pics.

It looks KIND OF a bit like a golden cross to me, but I am still a newbie, so I'd love some opinions! (I'm trying to get it w/out the setup---another aquarium baby)

http://madison.craigslist.org/pet/1305658179.html

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi Meg, Darn that Craig's list, heres one I found on the list near me. (I don't know how to make a link to it , like you did) So I just cut and pasted the ad. I of course had to call, but we'll see. It's just hard to not answer them isn't it.
(From Craig's list)
i lost my job and now i've decided to go back to school, unfortunatly i dont think i will have the time or money to give this guy the care he needs. i got him back in march as a hatchling and he's been growing steadily since, eats all his fruites veggies (favorites are lettuce banana and cactus pear) as well as commercially prepared tortoise foods. this is not an animal for beginners, they require frequent care throughout the day as babies and their nutritionary needs are complecated so i'm asking that only experienced reptile keepers respond. i'm asking a resonable adoption fee of $70. i'll give you what i have left for food and vitamin/calcium supplements, if you need a tank and lights ( they requirer ultreviolet light) i'll give you a 20 gallon long aquarium with sliding top, a compact florencent fixture and bulb plus a heat lamp and what i have for aquairum decore for another 40 dollars. i do need some things for my 30 gallon planted tank, stronger lights, fish that can eat alge off of plants without damaging them(otto cats or small flying foxes maybe), hardy plants, driftwood, and other things maybe of interest for a trade offer to reduce the price. you can reply through e-mail but calls to (413) 230-6321 will be answered with greater speed.

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Meg, it sure looks like my Queenie, a really pretty tort. Y'all shouldn't be looking at Craigs list or you're gonna end up with a room full of tortoises...:D
BTW Queenie is a Hermanni cross

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It's most likely an ibera Meg. :)

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Darn! Iberas get larger too, correct?

Anyone have any female Jordanians just lying about? :p

The craigslist thing IS a killer. I was emailing a lady with a FREE sully. "She" is 9-10 inches long and needs a new home. I've emailed her yard pics, etc. But haven't heard back in three days. :( I was gonna get her, and see what I could do about finding a tort rescue, or someone here to give her a forever home.

annd I found someone listing a russian as a "desert tortoise" called him, and set him straight.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Meg90 said:
Darn! Iberas get larger too, correct?

Anyone have any female Jordanians just lying about? :p

The craigslist thing IS a killer. I was emailing a lady with a FREE sully. "She" is 9-10 inches long and needs a new home. I've emailed her yard pics, etc. But haven't heard back in three days. :( I was gonna get her, and see what I could do about finding a tort rescue, or someone here to give her a forever home.

annd I found someone listing a russian as a "desert tortoise" called him, and set him straight.

Meg I have emailed back and forth with her as well, and nothing in 3 days. I was going to send the Sulcata to my friend Wayne in SC that does tort rescue and have him find her a home down south.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
What did she say to you??

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Meg I wish we lived closer to you so that we could introduce Tallula and Nigel heehee :p Even though she's to young to be uh, performing !

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
lol! especially since she is suuuuuch a pretty greek! I think she's just beautiful

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nigel is a good looking chap too LOL !!!! Thanks so much, I'll relay the message to Tallula, but I think she knows it. Haha. I tell her everyday, and she seems to have the personality and confidence that she really does know she's pretty hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.