It's Complete!!!!! - Final Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
After many long hours, my outdoor enclosure is complete minus a bit of landscaping. Most of them still come in at night because of cooler temps yet, but they are sure enjoying the outdoors!

Exterior Views
DSC07979.jpg

DSC07978.jpg

The 4 large pens will be for me to rotate my sulcatas for grazing.
DSC07980.jpg

DSC08087.jpg

The right hand pen is for my boxies the 2 left pens are for Russians.
DSC08085.jpg

The left are for my little sulcata "Squirt" and my Leopard "Dove". The larger is for my Russians.
DSC08086.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Your torts are very lucky!

You outdoor enclosure is amazing.

It is easy to see that you put a lot of time into it :) Congrats!

Isa

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
One of the better enclosures I have ever saw. You and you major helper(s) need to give yourselves some major back pats.

I hope you do a step by step write up on it for others to learn things. Pictures are great, but some folks do better with reading and pictures rather than pictures. Also I always like details like I used this size nails, this type and size of lumber, ect..,

Really love how you made such fantastic usage of the support poles!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Wholly smoke Dee that is fabulous! You guys did such a great job on that. Any tort would be damn lucky to live there thats for sure. Heck I would live there! ;)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Isa, Jacqui and Anja! I am really proud of it and hearing your compliments feels great! Jacqui the supports also allow us to add another layer of 2" x 12". Will put this in when the sulcatas start to be able to climb. For now, just using corners for hides and I am going to have a flower pot garden. My hubby put a shelf around the entire enclosure for plants. Usually, I cannot have a garden due to the high deer population. They won't get it this time!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dee don't forget you can also now do a hanging garden with all those wonderful support beams. :D

I love that the mesh is big enough that the butterflies can come in and enjoy the new oasis you have created.

Tortobox

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Very beautiful outdoor enclosure you have...the torts must be very happy..perfect!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a beautiful addition to your yard, and a wonderful home for the tortoises! A lot of hard work...but it turned out great!

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks tortobox and Yvonne! Jacqui, I did plant a Butterfly Bush in there. Plus, I figured I could hang some flowers like you suggested. Of course, I was thinking of things that would be tort friendly. Can't wait till I can go out to pick fresh veggies!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Wow!!! That looks sooo... awsome!!! Your torts are so lucky! You can build one for my sulcata anytime you want ;)

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
WOWSA THAT IS STUPENDOUS! Come do one for me now??? :p

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
that looks incredible! did you start off with drawings or just wing it?
is that the door on the right in the top photo?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks everyone! Yes Josh, those are the doors. We started with plans and altered them as we went along and came up with better ideas. I love how he made the slide brackets so that I can rearrange enclosures by moving 2x12's and sliding them into different brackets or make them higher as I need them. My hubby is really good at building so I am really lucky!

hystrix

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow.
Your enclosure is absolutely amazing, Dee. I really like the huge hides made with tree trunks. Please post pics again once you put flowers. It's going to look wonderful, I can't wait to see it.

Em

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee, you and your husband did a wonderful job on the enclosure. Squirts new outside home looks great, as do the rest of the pens. And a flower pot and hanging garden as a plus. Wow. You will have to post pics once you have all your plants in and growing. It will be a beautiful place for sure. A true tortopia. :D

susan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, Ca.
Woohoo that is one bitchen reptile apartment complex!!! You guys are super awesome!! I am in total awe!!!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Dee, the enclosure turned out great!!! I love it, I am gonna have to save these pics for when I move and build new enclosures. Fabulous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.