It's 2am, do you know where your Matilda is?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I heard her moving so I snapped the pic with the flash on! OH NO!! She was just waking up and coming out of her dig for the night; She does this weird "circle thing" where she spins as she digs in, getting deeper as she goes, then she spins out...

She is my 1st baby but I've never seen one completely spin in a circle in place before.

jeff
2am.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love little box turtles! you might moisten that substrate a bit more.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes, it's wetter under the dry surface but I was telling Kerry earlier that I need to do another makeover.....then it struck me that they generally don't like to be seen at this age so that might be why she won't lay in her pool which is in the open. I am slowly learning how to care for a baby box'er and it was suggested I incorporate some "bog-to water" area so I might place a "hide" partially over the pool to let her choose. I have been using a spray bottle to add humidity 2-3 times a day but that is sporadic at best and not a reliable system.

She sure makes us all smile though.....

jeff

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
When my boxie was that little, I used to get her out to soak, and I would put all sorts of real and artificial plants around her soaking tub to make her more comfortable. Overhanging and trailing plants were her preferred decor.