It THAT really going to happen?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Hi,
I have male Yellow Bellied Slider, a female Red Eared, and a male melanistic Red Eared Slider house together in the appropriate sized tank.
I recently adopted them from a friend, and I'm worried the males will try mate with Ruby. I asked my friend, and he said they have NEVER bothered in the slightest in ten years and get along very well.
I haven't seen any aggression or advances, so it it okay for them to live together, or should I separate the males/female?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yes you should split them up ! May be your friend didn't feed just right or maybe the temps wherent right . But now your going to do everything right ! You may get cross breeds or high breeds . I would seperate them ! Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Ooh... I don't really want any more turtle babies! I will get a couple new tanks then. Can the males keep living together?

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Those can all live together just fine. If you don't want eggs and the turtles actually do lay some just get rid of the eggs.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Okay... I guess I'll just look out for any mating behavior now, before anything gets TOO serious I have eggs to get rid of.