It is confirmed - I'm tortoise crazy!

Nicole74

Location (City and/or State)
Central Alabama
One of the reasons I was so excited about the zoo trip is that I've not interacted directly with a tort before. Well I went to a pet store yesterday. Yes never a good idea. Anyway there was a tortoise in one of their tanks. It saw me look at it and came running over to the side so happy to have someone give it any attention. Since there was no label and it was so friendly, I'm assuming it was surrendered to them. It also began eating the dried flowers in the tank.
Right then I knew, yes I am a tortoise person.
Darn I have a picture of the little one but can't get it to post.

Nicole74

Central Alabama
No the associates there didn't know anything about it. I'm going back tomorrow & see what I can find out.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most likely wild caught because of the size and ruff looking shell and because most adult size/look are wild caught.

Nicole74

Central Alabama
You know you want him ! :D
I really do. It will unfortunately depend on how much they want for it. Kay's dislocated hip & 3 ferret surgeries in 4 months have put a crimp in my budget.
I wish the manager I knew well was still there. Hoping the new one is one of the people who know me there.

AnimalLady

Ohhh i love Russians!!! I hope you get it!

Maybe you can also tell them that the water dish they got in there is a death trap....

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Don't forget to add the uvb and heat sources, thermostat and other essentials onto the bill.
Hope you can give him a good home.
I can't look at torts in pet shops anymore because I want to take them all home and care for them but know that realistically I can't.

Nicole74

Central Alabama
Don't forget to add the uvb and heat sources, thermostat and other essentials onto the bill.
Hope you can give him a good home.
I can't look at torts in pet shops anymore because I want to take them all home and care for them but know that realistically I can't.
Yes, I'll be adding those up later tonight so I know what my limits are.
This store usually doesn't have torts and takes good care of their ferrets, so I don't usually leave there wanting anyone.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes, I'll be adding those up later tonight so I know what my limits are.
This store usually doesn't have torts and takes good care of their ferrets, so I don't usually leave there wanting anyone.
If you go for an MVB you'll have light heat and uvb in one bulb so may work out cheaper.
Hope all goes well.

Nicole74

Central Alabama
:(The little one is a girl. They want more than I can do right now with buying all the supplies & vet visits. Maybe I can find a few things to sell I don't know.

They have given her a safe water dish.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
:(The little one is a girl. They want more than I can do right now with buying all the supplies & vet visits. Maybe I can find a few things to sell I don't know.

They have given her a safe water dish.
Sorry to hear that Nicole , but you are smart to wait until you can afford to do it right ! ;)